The Student Room Group

UCAS 2022 Offers!

Please do correct me if there is a thread for this, but I submitted my UCAS 3 days ago and I can’t find a thread to keep track of offers. I know it’s super early, but if anyone has received one / gets one in the coming days I would really love to know!

I’m applying to study English at Durham, Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Exeter. Obviously no offers yet, but fingers crossed!
Original post by BeccaSX_x
Please do correct me if there is a thread for this, but I submitted my UCAS 3 days ago and I can’t find a thread to keep track of offers. I know it’s super early, but if anyone has received one / gets one in the coming days I would really love to know!

I’m applying to study English at Durham, Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Exeter. Obviously no offers yet, but fingers crossed!

Hello! Wishing you the best with your offers, I hope you get in! Here's the official thread for 2022 applicants : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7066634 , you can find threads/groups for the universities you have applied to as well .

the number of responses is still pretty small as its still pretty early, I guess with time we will see more! Wishing you the best xx
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by _itstomz_
Hello! Wishing you the best with your offers, I hope you get in! Here's the official thread for 2022 applicants : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7066634 , you can find threads/groups for the universities you have applied to as well .

the number of responses is still pretty small as its still pretty early, I guess with time we will see more! Wishing you the best xx

My son has just heard he has an offer from York to do BA Politics course. Only submitted to UCAS on Tuesday!! Offer is AAB.
He is also waiting to hear from Exeter, Warwick, Hull (BPLS) and Bristol.
Original post by Bluetit1
My son has just heard he has an offer from York to do BA Politics course. Only submitted to UCAS on Tuesday!! Offer is AAB.
He is also waiting to hear from Exeter, Warwick, Hull (BPLS) and Bristol.

Hi Bluetit1

It is great your son is considering Hull, if you or he has any questions about the city, university or course, please don't hesitate to ask. We will be more than happy to help. We also have a couple of open days coming up, on the 30th October and the 27th November so I hope you can take the opportunity and coming to see our great campus and chat to the Politics Department.

Best of luck to your son

Chris
University of Hull Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi Bluetit1

It is great your son is considering Hull, if you or he has any questions about the city, university or course, please don't hesitate to ask. We will be more than happy to help. We also have a couple of open days coming up, on the 30th October and the 27th November so I hope you can take the opportunity and coming to see our great campus and chat to the Politics Department.

Best of luck to your son

Chris

Thanks Chris. We visited Hull University on Saturday 2nd Oct for the open day and were very impressed. My son had a great chat with staff from the Politics Department (he was especially happy to get to talk to Lord Norton). He is very keen on the British Politics and Legistlative Sudies degree and has applied via UCAS. Do you happen to know when the interviews might take place for this course and when the applicants might expect to find out if they have been offered an interview?
Thanks again
Original post by Bluetit1
Thanks Chris. We visited Hull University on Saturday 2nd Oct for the open day and were very impressed. My son had a great chat with staff from the Politics Department (he was especially happy to get to talk to Lord Norton). He is very keen on the British Politics and Legistlative Sudies degree and has applied via UCAS. Do you happen to know when the interviews might take place for this course and when the applicants might expect to find out if they have been offered an interview?
Thanks again

Hi Bluetit1

That's great you had a good time. It was a shame about the weather in the afternoon, but I am sure you got a good feel for the campus (we are actually in a rain shadow, so they tell me we get less rain than places the other side of the Pennines, but sometimes it seems unlikely).

I am afraid I don't know the timetable for admissions to BPL studies, but if you email [email protected], I am sure they will be able to explain the time scale. The other route would be to ask [email protected], but I would try the faculty first. With term just having started things are a bit busy here as students and staff settle in to being back on term, so it may take a week or so to get a reply so be a little patient!

Best of luck to you and your son

Chris
Reply 6
Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi Bluetit1

That's great you had a good time. It was a shame about the weather in the afternoon, but I am sure you got a good feel for the campus (we are actually in a rain shadow, so they tell me we get less rain than places the other side of the Pennines, but sometimes it seems unlikely).

I am afraid I don't know the timetable for admissions to BPL studies, but if you email [email protected], I am sure they will be able to explain the time scale. The other route would be to ask [email protected], but I would try the faculty first. With term just having started things are a bit busy here as students and staff settle in to being back on term, so it may take a week or so to get a reply so be a little patient!

Best of luck to you and your son

Chris

Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated 😃

Hello! I’m currently a 1st year doing english at Cambridge (I applied to very similar unis to you!!). Feel free to message if you want any advice on Elat, SAQ, interview or just to hear what’s it’s like here in Cambridge and what you get up to. Best of luck for your application, and know that wherever you end up, you’ll learn lots!

i’m applying to cambridge for english too! if you dont mind me asking what’s your predicted grades and what college your applying too also how are you preparing for the ELAT?
@BeccaSX_x @succubus666

I'm applying for English at Durham, Exeter, Cambridge, Kent, and Loughborough!
Original post by englishlitgal03
Hello! I’m currently a 1st year doing english at Cambridge (I applied to very similar unis to you!!). Feel free to message if you want any advice on Elat, SAQ, interview or just to hear what’s it’s like here in Cambridge and what you get up to. Best of luck for your application, and know that wherever you end up, you’ll learn lots!

advice on elat please ! and interviews
Original post by succubus666
i’m applying to cambridge for english too! if you dont mind me asking what’s your predicted grades and what college your applying too also how are you preparing for the ELAT?

hey, I'm applying to Cambridge for English too - I'm mainly doing past papers for preparation and I've applied to Corpus Christi college
Reply 12
Original post by Year12student:)
@BeccaSX_x @succubus666

I'm applying for English at Durham, Exeter, Cambridge, Kent, and Loughborough!

Nice to meet you! Keep us updated! I haven’t heard anything yet, have you? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by succubus666

I’ve got my grades! I’m a reapplicant but I didn’t apply to Oxbridge last year. A*A* A and 9s, 8s, 7s at GCSE. Honestly I haven’t done as much as I should re ELAT, I’ve done and planned some of the practice Qs but so many of the extracts are copyrighted!! How about you if you don’t mind? :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
I’ve got my grades! I’m a reapplicant but I didn’t apply to Oxbridge last year. A*A* A* and 8s with a few 9s and few 7s at GCSE. Honestly I haven’t done as much as I should re ELAT, I’ve done and planned some of the practice Qs but so many of the extracts are copyrighted!! How about you if you don’t mind? :smile:

A*A*A and i guess practice questions seem like the best way to go
Nice to meet you! Keep us updated! I haven’t heard anything yet, have you? :smile:

Not yet!! I am thinking that most of the decisions will come in around January :smile:
hii I applied to study English at Oxford, UCL, Durham, U of Manchester and Loughborough
I have applied for History at UCL, Cambridge, York, Bristol and Sheffield. I have gotten an offer from York so far
Hi! I have a quick question if any of you will be able to answer it will be of great help! Actually I got an offer from Warwick and university of Manchester and now I need to decide which one to keep as firm and insurance. Warwick needs 2A* 1A whereas Manchester needs 3As so my question is if I keep Warwick my firm choice but can I fall back to Manchester even if I get 2 A*s 1A since my personal preference is Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending