The Student Room Group

Back pain

So i had this pain in my back the last day or so on the right side probably because of repeatedly coughing. But I was drying myself earlier when the place which hurt clicked and the pain become like 10x worse. Now I literally can’t to any movement without it hurting.

And still being sick i need to cough every minute or so how can i do this without it causing excruciating pain tho??

Also i was lying down on my side about 15 mins after and a yellow liquid started leaking out of my nose as well, what should i do?
Original post by LukeCC
So i had this pain in my back the last day or so on the right side probably because of repeatedly coughing. But I was drying myself earlier when the place which hurt clicked and the pain become like 10x worse. Now I literally can’t to any movement without it hurting.

And still being sick i need to cough every minute or so how can i do this without it causing excruciating pain tho??

Also i was lying down on my side about 15 mins after and a yellow liquid started leaking out of my nose as well, what should i do?

Go to your GP.

Are you sure you don't know what the yellow liquid is though?
Reply 2
Original post by summerbirdreads
Go to your GP.

Are you sure you don't know what the yellow liquid is though?

I mean i can’t get in for about 3 weeks there and no i don’t have a clue what it is.
Original post by LukeCC
I mean i can’t get in for about 3 weeks there and no i don’t have a clue what it is.

Snot?

Take some painkillers for the pain and call 111 if you can't see a doctor quickly
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
Snot?

Take some painkillers for the pain and call 111 if you can't see a doctor quickly

I have had a runny nose recently being sick but idk if it was snot it was same consistency as water and colour of like honey.
111? What’s that number for?
Original post by LukeCC
I have had a runny nose recently being sick but idk if it was snot it was same consistency as water and colour of like honey.
111? What’s that number for?

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care-services/when-to-use-111/
Original post by LukeCC

It sounds quite serious, hopefully it isn't anything too serious but if I were you I'd take a trip to the A&E, like right now because the yellow liquid is suspicious, and you need to find out why your coughing in the first place because there could be an internal injury you didn't know about. Especially now that your movements are difficult, see a doctor ASAP.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
It sounds quite serious, hopefully it isn't anything too serious but if I were you I'd take a trip to the A&E, like right now because the yellow liquid is suspicious, and you need to find out why your coughing in the first place because there could be an internal injury you didn't know about. Especially now that your movements are difficult, see a doctor ASAP.

Thank for your help, I mignt try ring 111 but ive been because i’ve been sick the last week from what i think is a bug going round. But i’m not sure i have to facilities to get to AandE atm idk.
Reply 8
Rather doubt the nose thing has much to do with you throwing your back out but who knows, ask a doctor if youre concerned.
Other than that just get your hands on some painkillers (which should also treat your cough) and wait for it to feel better.

Quick Reply

Latest