The Student Room Group

last minute UCAS questions

i have to send off my application tomorrow afternoon. BEFORE YOU SAY IT, YES I KNOW I AM ASKING THESE QUESTIONS LAST MINUTE.

feel free to move this in the right place

ok so im applying for medicine. I want to do the extended programme at kings and do the 7 year option with the one year intercalculated degree. They dont have this option on UCAS, so do i request it after i've sent the application??

since 4 of my options are going to medicine, does my 5th option have to be sent off along with my other options??? I want to do psychology for my 5th option so what do i do about the PS since its mostly tailored to medicine and i include the word 'medicine' so many times. Should I contact Kings and ask if i can send a separate personal statement for psychology (which i havent even started ugh)??

answers will be much appreciated. I am aware i am last minute so i dont need to hear it, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by sumayaaa
i have to send off my application tomorrow afternoon. BEFORE YOU SAY IT, YES I KNOW I AM ASKING THESE QUESTIONS LAST MINUTE.

feel free to move this in the right place

ok so im applying for medicine. I want to do the extended programme at kings and do the 7 year option with the one year intercalculated degree. They dont have this option on UCAS, so do i request it after i've sent the application??

since 4 of my options are going to medicine, does my 5th option have to be sent off along with my other options??? I want to do psychology for my 5th option so what do i do about the PS since its mostly tailored to medicine and i include the word 'medicine' so many times. Should I contact Kings and ask if i can send a separate personal statement for psychology (which i havent even started ugh)??

answers will be much appreciated. I am aware i am last minute so i dont need to hear it, thanks.

Can't answer the first questions fully so I'll tag as they know more. However, I do think you just apply for intercalation later when you have started your degree.

With regards to the 5th option - if you really want to do medicine then just leave the 5th option empty and reapply if you're unsuccessful as this will be much easier than completing a degree and then trying for medicine again.
Reply 2
Original post by SyedN
Can't answer the first questions fully so I'll tag @ecolier as they know more. However, I do think you just apply for intercalation later when you have started your degree.

With regards to the 5th option - if you really want to do medicine then just leave the 5th option empty and reapply if you're unsuccessful as this will be much easier than completing a degree and then trying for medicine again.

ohh okay thanks! Never knew thats how you apply for an intercalculated year
Reply 3
I didnt want to have a 5th option but my school is SO KEEN on it. Tbh i want to take a gap year but Im applying this year to see how it all works and what not (plus the school pays for it all so). If i get offers then I obviously will take it up but we'll see what the future holds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending