between Glasgow or Edinburgh at the moment

course applying to either English literature or English lit/computer science
Nat 5 grades: AAAABD
Higher grades:AAAAC
S6:
Advanced English A
photography: A
and I'm doing a course on film and media a Edinburgh college
Extra curriculars: duke of Edinburgh, book club member, I do online courses on coding as well as school buddy for s1
(edited 2 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hi, I’m thinking (but not 100% sure) of applying for Social/Public Policy
Universities I’m thinking of are: University of Glasgow,University of Edinburgh,Strathclyde, and unsure of the other two
Haven’t got my predicted yet for 6th year highers/Advanced highers yet
Got AAB for my highers in 5th year
Got AAAAAB for my National 5s
Extracurriculars : YourEd+ summer school program, NGO volunteer, equalities committe member, work experience
Course applying to: Finance

Nat 5 Grades: AAAAABBC
Achieved S5 Grades: AAABC
S6 Predicted - AAB in Highers
Universities I am thinking about: Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Heriot Watt, Stirling
(eligible for minimum requirements, completed Top Up)
Original post by Dec123456789
Course applying to: Finance

Nat 5 Grades: AAAAABBC
Achieved S5 Grades: AAABC
S6 Predicted - AAB in Highers
Universities I am thinking about: Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Heriot Watt, Stirling
(eligible for minimum requirements, completed Top Up)

What course at Edi mate?
Original post by NellyCormack04
What course at Edi mate?

The economics and finance as they don't do finance on its own
(edited 2 years ago)
Does anybody know approximately when does Glasgow begin to make offers?
Original post by Dec123456789
The economics and finance as they don't do finance on its own

Good choice! Same course as me so hopefully see you there :smile: Not sure if you've seen it but on the admission stats for England, Wales and Northern Ireland the offer rate is 72% whereas it sits at only 21% for Scotland : / One competitive course so we will need to get a strong PS hahaha

Good Luck mate : )
Good choice! Same course as me so hopefully see you there :smile: Not sure if you've seen it but on the admission stats for England, Wales and Northern Ireland the offer rate is 72% whereas it sits at only 21% for Scotland : / One competitive course so we will need to get a strong PS hahaha

Yes I've heard its really hard for Scottish students to get into but we may as well try. Good luck to you!
Original post by 1582
Are you applying to the University of Glasgow for 2022 entry? Here is the place to meet other applicants and chat during the application process. :smile:

Here are a few icebreaker questions:

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Thanks for making the thread!
When do you reckon we will hear back?

A) law and also law with philosophy
B) glasgow, Edin, kcl
C) Predicted AAA at advanced higher
D) AAAAAA at Nat 5 and AAAAA at Higher
E) my extra curriculars are rubbish - Grade 4 flute, job as a waitress and volunteering with Rainbows, entered a couple of essay comps. Done lots of subject reading and research so hopefully that makes up for it.
has anyone got an offer yet
Original post by Anonymous
has anyone got an offer yet

nope they said on my email that they won’t be giving out offers until after the January deadline…hopefully that’s not the case because I’m vv impatient
nope they said on my email that they won’t be giving out offers until after the January deadline…hopefully that’s not the case because I’m vv impatient

they said on my email: We will communicate our decision by the UCAS deadline of 19 May 2022, however it will likely be sooner.

why would it be so late? i'm predicted 4A* and it's my non medical 5th option so my PS is on medicine and not neuroscince which is what i'm applying to, but i do talk about neuropsychology
they said on my email: We will communicate our decision by the UCAS deadline of 19 May 2022, however it will likely be sooner.

why would it be so late? i'm predicted 4A* and it's my non medical 5th option so my PS is on medicine and not neuroscince which is what i'm applying to, but i do talk about neuropsychology

“Please note, we expect to receive a higher volume of Scottish applicants this year so we will be unable to make a decision on your application until we have received all applications received by the UCAS deadline of 26 January 2022.“

That’s what my email said
“Please note, we expect to receive a higher volume of Scottish applicants this year so we will be unable to make a decision on your application until we have received all applications received by the UCAS deadline of 26 January 2022.“

ah ok

are you scottish? and what are you applying to
are you scottish? and what are you applying to

Yeah I’m Scottish and applying to law/law and philosophy.
What about you?
Yeah I’m Scottish and applying to law/law and philosophy.
What about you?

im english and applying to neurosceince

Hi, where can I see more on these admission stats? Please would you post a link to it? Thanks.
Hi, where can I see more on these admission stats? Please would you post a link to it? Thanks.

Yes no bother.. this is for Edinburgh Uni though! Not Glasgow : )

https://www.ed.ac.uk/files/atoms/files/scotland_and_eu_admissions_statistics_0.pdf

Enjoy and hope this helps

Latest

Trending

Trending