The Student Room Group

relationship in yr13???

should I tell a girl (who I have a huge crush on) that I like her now or wait till after a levels???

I want to do it now but she might be more open to a relationship after exams
I would advice you to wait. A-levels are important for both of you. It would probably take all your attention away from the exams, wouldn't it?
Take a piece of paper, write down your feelings and tuck it away in somewhere safe ceremoniously. draw a star or circle around the date the exams end on your calendar. You can do it! Good luck with your exams and relationship:wink:
Original post by Anonymous
should I tell a girl (who I have a huge crush on) that I like her now or wait till after a levels???

I want to do it now but she might be more open to a relationship after exams

I get wanting to wait, but if I was her I'd prefer you do it now
To be honest, I would actually say tell her. Go for it. I say this because you seem like you’re considerate; I don’t think you pursuing her will affect anything.

As long as you can put your studies/homework first and your fantasies second then there’s nothing wrong with having a balance in place. You also could motivate each other or even revise together? See, you need to think smart like this.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
To be honest, I would actually say tell her. Go for it. I say this because you seem like you’re considerate; I don’t think you pursuing her will affect anything.

As long as you can put your studies/homework first and your fantasies second then there’s nothing wrong with having a balance in place. You also could motivate each other or even revise together? See, you need to think smart like this.

prsom
Reply 5

Okay thanks for the advice!!! I just need to work out what exactly to say lol
Okay thanks for the advice!!! I just need to work out what exactly to say lol

If you’ve been talking to her, just go ahead and ask if she’s busy on the weekend; if she isn’t then ask her on a date/ to meet up for the weekend.

Then after, if it’s successful, just tell her you liked her and your day out together. Do try upping the flirting though. Mission accomplished.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
If you’ve been talking to her, just go ahead and ask if she’s busy on the weekend; if she isn’t then ask her on a date/ to meet up for the weekend.

Then after, if it’s successful, just tell her you liked her and your day out together. Do try upping the flirting though. Mission accomplished.

You make it sound so easy!! do you have any suggestions on where we could meet up?
You make it sound so easy!! do you have any suggestions on where we could meet up?

Just ask her out for dinner? Arcades?

You could even say a park. As long as you can just talk to each other, anything would be alright.
prom?
Just ask her out for dinner? Arcades?

You could even say a park. As long as you can just talk to each other, anything would be alright.

I was thinking about the park but thought it might be a bit dull!
prom?

yh i do really want to ask her to go to prom with me. But it's not till next summer and i don't know if i can wait that long lol
I was thinking about the park but thought it might be a bit dull!

Not dull at all. You can just get some snacks, sit on a bench or something (if the weather is ok) and just talk to her.

Do you have any other ideas in mind?
Not dull at all. You can just get some snacks, sit on a bench or something (if the weather is ok) and just talk to her.

Do you have any other ideas in mind?

I thought about going to london just to walk around and talk, but that is literally it! it's not very imaginative.

another thing, say i ask her if she wants to do something with me and she says no, would it be awkward with us? i just imagine it would be but proberly overthinking it lol
I thought about going to london just to walk around and talk, but that is literally it! it's not very imaginative.

another thing, say i ask her if she wants to do something with me and she says no, would it be awkward with us? i just imagine it would be but proberly overthinking it lol

Personally, I wouldn’t get bogged down on whether it’ll be awkward. If you have this mindset, you will never see success.

Girls generally never make moves on guys so it’s expected that you just go for it if you want to. That’s the only real way you’d get what you want, if you ask

The trip to London sounds nice btw
Shoot yo shot before she gets taken
(edited 2 years ago)
agree with all of the above, just ask her now!! it won't take away from your study time if you handle things responsibly.
Personally, I wouldn’t get bogged down on whether it’ll be awkward. If you have this mindset, you will never see success.

Girls generally never make moves on guys so it’s expected that you just go for it if you want to. That’s the only real way you’d get what you want, if you ask

The trip to London sounds nice btw

Thank you so much for the advice! it's been a great help
Original post by franklyfruity
agree with all of the above, just ask her now!! it won't take away from your study time if you handle things responsibly.

ok thank you for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending