The Student Room Group

I can’t tell if people are interested

Im 18 y/o woman and never been in a relationship. It sounds soooo sad but ig I’m not the first or last person to experience this. I have been flirted with a couple of times but they’ve been really obvious- I went through a stage a while back when I thought everyone nice to me had a crush on me which is ridiculous, luckily I realised I was overreacting/ it was smth hormonal in me. And now I can’t tell at all if someone is interested in me, I get a gut feeling sometimes that someone likes me but they’ve never said/ done anything…saying that I have never ever approached my crushes so maybe they’re just shy like me. I tend to have a resting ***** face but I can’t really help that- I try to smile but forget when busy etc. Lol. Any advice/ signs that people like you would be appreciated.

Thanks xx
Original post by Anonymous
Im 18 y/o woman and never been in a relationship. It sounds soooo sad but ig I’m not the first or last person to experience this. I have been flirted with a couple of times but they’ve been really obvious- I went through a stage a while back when I thought everyone nice to me had a crush on me which is ridiculous, luckily I realised I was overreacting/ it was smth hormonal in me. And now I can’t tell at all if someone is interested in me, I get a gut feeling sometimes that someone likes me but they’ve never said/ done anything…saying that I have never ever approached my crushes so maybe they’re just shy like me. I tend to have a resting ***** face but I can’t really help that- I try to smile but forget when busy etc. Lol. Any advice/ signs that people like you would be appreciated.

Thanks xx

Hi,

Apart from the classic signs (e.g. prolonged eye-contact, compliments etc), a sign someone might be into you is if they behave differently around you compared to other people. Also, if there's a sudden change to their behaviour towards you (and there's no logical reason for it), that could also be a sign. Going out of their way to help you or see if you're OK, always looking immaculate and well presented if he knows or suspects he's going to see you. Bringing you up in conversations with other people etc. etc.

Personally, I've always felt that the differentiating factor between someone who is friendly and flirting is the compliments thing. If they're into you, they're more likely to pick up on the little details about your appearance (e.g. noticing when you've got a new hair style).
Original post by Anonymous
Im 18 y/o woman and never been in a relationship.

You're 18. It's not that big of a deal, so don't make it be. Relax and enjoy your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending