The Student Room Group

Choosing a level chemistry

I’m wondering if I could get into a level chemistry because I want to be a pharmacist but I don’t have the gcse grades for it. However, I am taking sixth form courses at the moment including, applied science, health and social and English a level language. So I’m wondering if they’d help me with going to do a level chemistry in college after sixth form…please help me!!!!
Original post by Miss emuiy
I’m wondering if I could get into a level chemistry because I want to be a pharmacist but I don’t have the gcse grades for it. However, I am taking sixth form courses at the moment including, applied science, health and social and English a level language. So I’m wondering if they’d help me with going to do a level chemistry in college after sixth form…please help me!!!!

If you are doing an applied science BTech at sixth form now, you don't actually need to do a chemistry A-level to study pharmacy at university. If ur not, u don't have to do a Chem A-level but instead do a year-long access course into a pharmacy course that will give you the qualification you need. To be honest, you only really need a Chem A Level if you are trying to do medicine, dentistry or Veterinary medicine
Reply 2
Original post by Miss emuiy

Honestly my advice for you would be not to take it if you didn't get the grades. As someone who got a 9 and genuinely thought they were good at it, it's still hellish. People say it's the hardest A level and I don't think they're too far off. On the other hand if you're willing to put a ton of time and effort into it you might be alright, just a pre warning that it's really hard
Original post by amarinth
Honestly my advice for you would be not to take it if you didn't get the grades. As someone who got a 9 and genuinely thought they were good at it, it's still hellish. People say it's the hardest A level and I don't think they're too far off. On the other hand if you're willing to put a ton of time and effort into it you might be alright, just a pre warning that it's really hard

I have to agree that it is not for everyone and can be quite challenging but like I said, there are other routes
Reply 4
Original post by snickers_adam
I have to agree that it is not for everyone and can be quite challenging but like I said, there are other routes

I honestly don’t know what to choose tho because I find chemistry more interesting and easier than biology from what I’ve learnt so far in applied science…I honestly have no idea what to do cos I want to be in the medical field but I feel like I won’t be able to do stuff that is something I’d find good without having done a level chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest