The Student Room Group

2021/22 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Daisy7714
Hey,

Random question but your on bolt assessment day is separate from the day where you go up and do the fitness and health checks? As obviously I’m assuming you’ll have to get your test results and then they’ll move you forward and invite you to another in person day with the fitness/health checks?

It is indeed separate. The medical and fitness would be done only after passing the bolt on.
Hey,

Random question but your on bolt assessment day is separate from the day where you go up and do the fitness and health checks? As obviously I’m assuming you’ll have to get your test results and then they’ll move you forward and invite you to another in person day with the fitness/health checks?

Hey!
So nobody has confirmed this per se, however in the letter I received inviting me to the assessment, it didn't mention anything about the fitness test.
I really hope not anyway...otherwise I'll be doing my bleep test in heels and a nice pair of trousers 😅😅😅
Haha, I hope not for your sake🤣. I think you may possibly need the offer of employment pretty much everything but final vetting before hand. As obviously you get assessed by the nurses and everything don’t you, so I’m assuming that’s when you get the results and you choose another day to go up once you’ve passed!

Good luck to everyone with all your different test/days coming up! :smile:
Haha, I hope not for your sake🤣. I think you may possibly need the offer of employment pretty much everything but final vetting before hand. As obviously you get assessed by the nurses and everything don’t you, so I’m assuming that’s when you get the results and you choose another day to go up once you’ve passed!

Good luck to everyone with all your different test/days coming up! :smile:

Yes that's what I'm thinking!
Good luck to you too!! And to everybody else of course 🙏🙏
Original post by Anya_94
Mine took a week but I did not officially received an email that I had passed.

Once I have done the test my portal status was blank, no information at all. After about a week the status changed with something along the lines of "we will be in touch shortly for next steps".
I called recruitment and confirmed me it was indeed passed so have a look at the portal for any change, it might be the same for you :smile:

Ahhh thank you! My portal is blank too and it honestly worried me that something had gone wrong with submitting it or something like that hahaha. I completed it about a week ago so I'll be sure to keep an eye on my portal for any changes then! :smile:
Hey!

I did my vrt about 2 weeks ago now and my portal changed to “we will be in touch regarding the next steps…” a week ago and I confirmed with recruitment that I did pass my vrt but I am yet to receive an invite to attend the detective bolt on assessment. Does anyone know how long it takes between doing your vrt and getting an email inviting you to book a date for the bolt on?
It is important to note that no two timelines are the same so there is no need to worry yourselves and compare to others.
Reply 47
Original post by Elsoylemez
Hey!

I did my vrt about 2 weeks ago now and my portal changed to “we will be in touch regarding the next steps…” a week ago and I confirmed with recruitment that I did pass my vrt but I am yet to receive an invite to attend the detective bolt on assessment. Does anyone know how long it takes between doing your vrt and getting an email inviting you to book a date for the bolt on?

Times vary for everyone. It's all about when there is availability to place people doing assessments. It is important to remember the amount of applicants that might be starting the process every day so they try to group strategically according to numbers and availabilities for their staff to assess. Patience is key. Trust me, as detective you need loads!
I completed my assessment last week just waiting for a response
Hey!

I did my vrt about 2 weeks ago now and my portal changed to “we will be in touch regarding the next steps…” a week ago and I confirmed with recruitment that I did pass my vrt but I am yet to receive an invite to attend the detective bolt on assessment. Does anyone know how long it takes between doing your is vrt and getting an email inviting you to book a date for the bolt on?

Is the vrt what you do after the assessment centre tests ?
Original post by brandon1596

No you do the VRT first and if you pass that, then you get invited to the assessment (Detective Bolt On Assessment)

Heyy, yeah the vrt is the next step after the online assessment centre then if you pass the vrt you get invited to the in person detective bolt on assessment!!
Heyy, yeah the vrt is the next step after the online assessment centre then if you pass the vrt you get invited to the in person detective bolt on assessment!!

What does the detective bolt on assessment involve ? Also how you pass that
Reply 53
What does the detective bolt on assessment involve ? Also how you pass that

It is an assessment on your skills to see if you are suited for the role. It is not possible to disclose more details as part of the confidentiality agreement.

If you are going through the recruitment process just take one phase at the time, go at your own pace and wait for when official details and directions are sent to you in preparation. If in doubt, get in contact with recruitment.
The job profile also provides an indication on what to expect as part of the recruitment process.
Does anyone know whether they make slots available for the weekend for the bolt on assessment or is it only on weekdays??
Passed my detective bolt on assessment!!!! Now prepping for the fitness/medical/pre employment checks etc 💪
Good luck to everyone about to do their bolt ons 🙏
Original post by TheCountryDoctor
Passed my detective bolt on assessment!!!! Now prepping for the fitness/medical/pre employment checks etc 💪
Good luck to everyone about to do their bolt ons 🙏

When did you do yours? And congratulations! 🥳
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey guys, if I see

"Your application is currently being reviewed, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.

Many thanks"

Recruitment Team

On my applicant portal, does that mean I've passed my current stage? It's because of the "next stage in the recruitment process", because I'm assuming if I failed I wouldn't be through to the "next stage"?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Submarine94
When did you do yours? And congratulations! 🥳

Thanks!!! I did mine on Wednesday. I actually didn't think I had done very well because I was nervous 😅
Reply 59
Original post by Submarine94
Hey guys, if I see

"Your application is currently being reviewed, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.

Many thanks"

Recruitment Team

On my applicant portal, does that mean I've passed my current stage? It's because of the "next stage in the recruitment process", because I'm assuming if I failed I wouldn't be through to the "next stage"?

Correct! That's for the VRT :smile:

For a peace of mind confirm this with recruitment but now its a matter of waiting for available dates for the bolt on! Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest