The Student Room Group

Feminism debate continued from https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7112

Debate continued from https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7112434

Women in Western society are the LEAST oppressed population that has walked this Earth since mankind, They can live happily alone now, have a job, have services that fix **** for them.
Have an arsenal of men at the ready to give her attention validation on Instagram.

its pathetic really how they are blind on how privelaged they are.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CorporalJin
Shes probably one of those toxic feminists themselves, the one that can't hold herself or her peers accountable.

Women in Western society are the LEAST oppressed population that has walked this Earth since mankind, They can live happily alone now, have a job, have services that fix **** for them.
Have an arsenal of men at the ready to give her attention validation on Instagram.

did you just say women are privileged coz they get comments from thirsty men on their Instagram.... chile
Original post by TEARSlol
did you just say women are privileged coz they get comments from thirsty men on their Instagram.... chile

They certaintly aren't the gender struggling in that category.
Look up the stats, they are privileged in that sense for sure yes.
Shes probably one of those toxic feminists themselves, the one that can't hold herself or her peers accountable.

Yes women are not oppressed by any means in the West. In fact I believe they are in a better situation than men.
The guys here responded and made it clear MODERN feminists today are un-attractive.
They are promoscious and are not held accountable, and don't get me started on what the Mee2 Era has bread as a consequence (False allegations) and/or feminists using it as a tool for revenge.

''do you mean to say she is confident and not letting men walk all over her??''

Dont try and twist my words, thats not what I mean by a women being submissive, I already posted what I mean by that.

''In a world that was build by men 😭''
Sorry but the very house you live in was built largely off men, electricity/water/infrastructure/cars/buldings/entertainment last time I checked men did it.
The very thing your typing and replying to me with was invented by men.
So yes society was literally constructed by men from the ground up. Problem?

And no not because ''woMeN aRe OppReSseD''
Get your emotions in check.
Im not a sexist by any means, im a realist.
You women would be FKED if men didn't exist, matter of fact you would of been extinct long ago in nature... (In a scenario)

"I'm a realist." 😭😭 I'm dead.
Original post by sufys12
Yes women are not oppressed by any means in the West. In fact I believe they are in a better situation than men.

What do you mean by that? How are women in a better situation than men in the west?
Original post by P1xievampr
"I'm a realist." 😭😭 I'm dead.

Well so far you have yet to explain your side of thinking instead of responding with non-rhetoric anwsers, everyone here for the majority seem to agree with my views.
So someones clearly in the wrong...
They certaintly aren't the gender struggling in that category.
Look up the stats, they are privileged in that sense for sure yes.

Most women don't want thirsty comments. It's not a privilege.
Most women don't want thirsty comments. It's not a privilege.

Its better then 1/3 of men that get nothing at all though.
Even when they try. again privelages are invisible to ones that are born with it.
Reply 9
As in not being a ''boss *****''/ feminist.
Not having an attitude and hard to deal with.

Just being feminine is what I mean by submissive really.
Shes willing to do stuff for you.

Ive seen girls act one way, then act the complete opposite around me being feminine and going above and beyond when I didn't ask for anything.

I tend to realise women make rules for betas/guys they don't respect.
But break them for guys they genuilely like.
Aka being submissive in nature.

embarrassing
Original post by Varss
embarrassing

How so?
If you don't agree with me, then cool im not looking for acceptance since im literally living what im saying and its benefiting me.
Well so far you have yet to explain your side of thinking instead of responding with non-rhetoric anwsers, everyone here for the majority seem to agree with my views.
So someones clearly in the wrong...

I beg to differ. I think we can share differing ideas and still be in the right in our own ways. I don't think women are by any means superior, nor are men.
How so?
If you don't agree with me, then cool im not looking for acceptance since im literally living what im saying and its benefiting me.

I don't even know what you're getting at mate??
Reply 13
How so?

Feel sorry for the people around you then :/
Its better then 1/3 of men that get nothing at all though.
Even when they try. again privelages are invisible to ones that are born with it.

Not, but calling women privileged for something that they don't want from men.

How so?

So in the general sense, what do you want in a woman?
What do you mean by that? How are women in a better situation than men in the west?

In fact, there is no need to elaborate. Do you believe women are in a worse situation than men in society?
I beg to differ. I think we can share differing ideas and still be in the right in our own ways. I don't think women are by any means superior, nor are men.

Never said one gender was superior over the other.
Im simply implying Women don't seem to make the connection of how privelaged they are in this day and age, made possible from preivous generation.
yet women in the West act like they are oppressed and have off-putting behaviour.
Yet I walk down the streets in the UK and I see women on their own purchasing products, going to uni classes and living life peacefully.
I don't see how ''oppressed'' they are, compared to men.
When both genders have their -/+
Original post by sufys12
In fact, there is no need to elaborate. Do you believe women are in a worse situation than men in society?

Well taking into account events such as women being literally k***ed by police, not feeling safe around people who are meant to be keeping them safe. Yes, women do have it worse.
Never said one gender was superior over the other.
Im simply implying Women don't seem to make the connection of how privelaged they are in this day and age, made possible from preivous generation.
yet women in the West act like they are oppressed and have off-putting behaviour.
Yet I walk down the streets in the UK and I see women on their own purchasing products, going to uni classes and living life peacefully.
I don't see how ''oppressed'' they are, compared to men.
When both genders have their -/+

How are men opresssed tho?? I don't think women in the west are oppressed in any way, i know because I myself come from a country where women are oppressed through culture.
Not, but calling women privileged for something that they don't want from men.

So in the general sense, what do you want in a woman?

Posted on 1st page, look it up.

Original post by Varss
Feel sorry for the people around you then :/

Everyone that is friends with me who I shared my views with tend to agree, because as I said, I dont sugar coat sh1t, im a realist at heart.
Matter of fact I have a wide social circle from numerous countries, so your assumption is just wrong. But nice try, shaming tactics don't work on me.

You can't sound politically correct to appease everyones emotions/feelings all the time without being blantly false at some point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending