The Student Room Group

Why are Muslim girls obsessed with virginity?

Scroll to see replies

Gonna be controversial here, but it’s 2021. Imagine being so preoccupied about “waiting til marriage” and literally just basing your entire life around a man. If you let religion control your life you’re not living life.
Original post by Ferrograd
Gonna be controversial here, but it’s 2021. Imagine being so preoccupied about “waiting til marriage” and literally just basing your entire life around a man. If you let religion control your life you’re not living life.

Have you ever met an unmarried Muslim girl before? They are OBSESSED with marriage and finding a man. :tongue:

... the whole point of religion is to control your life so you attain heaven.
Original post by Anonymous
What is the point of saving yourself for marriage, these days educated muslim men don't even want to marry a woman unless she is on a high salary, Might as well live like a non Muslim, right?

you do realise that it's not about men but for religious reasons... right?
why do you assume it's because of guys?
Original post by asif007
Have you ever met an unmarried Muslim girl before? They are OBSESSED with marriage and finding a man. :tongue:

you mean the same way other girls want a boyfriend..?
yall only mad coz its Muslim girls I swear
Original post by sufys12
... the whole point of religion is to control your life so you attain heaven.

Why attain heaven when you can just live life on earth lol
Why attain heaven when you can just live life on earth lol

To think life on earth even comes close to heaven!
Would you rather have 81 years or so of fun and then eternal pain, or 81 years of mediocrity and everlasting happiness?
Original post by sufys12
To think life on earth even comes close to heaven!
Would you rather have 81 years or so of fun and then eternal pain, or 81 years of mediocrity and everlasting happiness?

You can have fun and still be a good person. You can still have fun and go to heaven.
You can have fun and still be a good person. You can still have fun and go to heaven.

Yes but you think having fun involves not following religion to the best of your ability, correct me if I'm wrong? In which case you likely would not go to heaven.
All the pretty muslim females I see also tend to have a lot of money
Original post by summerbirdreads
As a Muslim girl, I didn't know we were so obsessed, I thought we were just following our religion

PRSOM!
Original post by sufys12
Yes but you think having fun involves not following religion to the best of your ability, correct me if I'm wrong? In which case you likely would not go to heaven.

Religion is all about interpretation. I suspect very few Muslims actually interpret Islam correctly, or indeed, any one for any religion. Fundamentally, you can be a good person just by not stealing, killing, adultering. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Help the needy. That's it.
Original post by meymey:)
For starters anyone who is nice regardless of wealth/status wouldnt discriminate someone who is fat. As an example for an educated muslim man whose requirements for marriage is a practicing muslim girl would probably disregards that she isnt a virgin if thats something in the past and her beliefs have now changed. If Allah can forgive then who would he be to hold a grudge? It all falls to a persons own beliefs
There are also many muslim men who arent virgins and dont care if they marry virgins or not, bro we're living in the 21st century you cant just link a group of people with one opinion.

Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
A person can't choose or change their attraction dealbreakers regardless of how "nice" they are and may not be sexually attracted to an overweight person in the same way as they wouldn't be sexually attracted to a 99 year old.
A very petite person may choose not to risk dating or getting sexually involved with a guy whose weight is so much heigher that they could accidentally inflict a serious injury without even realising it.

Compatibility is key to a happy and successful close relationship.
Quite a few of my traditionalist religious female friends are waiting until marriage and will only consider marriage to a likeminded guy who shares their values & ambitions.
I support interfaith marriage but don't date religious guys of any religious persuasion or those whose families are practicing followers of islam.
My best friend is a follower of the islamic sect led by the aga khan and has dated guys of a variety of beliefs & backgrounds.
Religion is all about interpretation. I suspect very few Muslims actually interpret Islam correctly, or indeed, any one for any religion. Fundamentally, you can be a good person just by not stealing, killing, adultering. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Help the needy. That's it.

No, but you must follow the religion. I can be as good as I want, but if I'm not a Muslim I can never attain heaven since I don't follow the religion ( or another Abrahamic monotheistic religion) while having knowledge of a non-distorted version of it.
One cannot attain heaven simply by being good in your eyes, rather in God's eyes.
Original post by londonmyst
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
A person can't choose or change their attraction dealbreakers regardless of how "nice" they are and may not be sexually attracted to an overweight person in the same way as they wouldn't be sexually attracted to a 99 year old.
A very petite person may choose not to risk dating or getting sexually involved with a guy whose weight is so much heigher that they could accidentally inflict a serious injury without even realising it.

Compatibility is key to a happy and successful close relationship.
Quite a few of my traditionalist religious female friends are waiting until marriage and will only consider marriage to a likeminded guy who shares their values & ambitions.
I support interfaith marriage but don't date religious guys of any religious persuasion or those whose families are practicing followers of islam.
My best friend is a follower of the islamic sect led by the aga khan and has dated guys of a variety of beliefs & backgrounds.

PRSOM. I think I need to be able to rep you more as well
Original post by TEARSlol
you mean the same way other girls want a boyfriend..?
yall only mad coz its Muslim girls I swear

The difference being that girls who want a boyfriend want to date and find compatibility first before commitment. Muslim girls on the other hand want to get married yesterday and they want commitment first, compatibility later. It's stupid but it's what Muslim girls have to follow to keep their families happy, and that's how they end up resentful like the OP. They hate the fact they're not allowed to date like lots of non-Muslim girls do. Most young Muslim women these days want a big wedding and a man to provide security and protection for her, but they don't want to take on the responsibility and hard work of a marriage because they already got what they wanted. In my experiences it's usually South Asian girls who are the most entitled and believe they deserve everything from a man but hate doing anything in return. They look for what they can take, not what they can give. Last time I checked, not all South Asian girls are Muslim so your second line is BS.
They're not obsessed it's just that losing virginity "before marriage" in islam is considered a MAJOR sin. It's punishment according to Islam is "stoning to death" for both guys and girls. So the ones that are true to their religion follow it!
Original post by aloosayshi
They're not obsessed it's just that losing virginity "before marriage" in islam is considered a MAJOR sin. It's punishment according to Islam is "stoning to death" for both guys and girls. So the ones that are true to their religion follow it!

When it's a major sin in Islam then why do we have girls like OP complaining "what is the point of saving yourself for marriage"? They very clearly hate that they're forbidden from dating but they want to try it anyway because we live in the UK and dating is part of the culture. Let's be real here - all Muslim girls want commitment from a man, but some of them have wisened up and realised that the best way to do this is to find compatibility first, and that means dating. Some of them have pre-marital sex in secret, then get engaged to make it "halal" to their families, as if there's no hypocrisy in that. I know lots of Muslim couples who did exactly this. Only strong-willed Muslim girls with the most dedication to their religion will actually stay virgin until marriage. The rest will just go along with what non-Muslim girls do: jumping through short-term relationships from one man to another until they finally settle on one, or eventually seeing dating backfire on them and end up looking for an arranged marriage. The OP girl makes it pretty obvious she's heading for an arranged marriage with a man she hates, so she wants to look for herself and see if she can do any better than the men her parents might set her up with. Some Muslim girls can find a man themselves - but most of them won't.
Original post by asif007
When it's a major sin in Islam then why do we have girls like OP complaining "what is the point of saving yourself for marriage"? They very clearly hate that they're forbidden from dating but they want to try it anyway because we live in the UK and dating is part of the culture. Let's be real here - all Muslim girls want commitment from a man, but some of them have wisened up and realised that the best way to do this is to find compatibility first, and that means dating. Some of them have pre-marital sex in secret, then get engaged to make it "halal" to their families, as if there's no hypocrisy in that. I know lots of Muslim couples who did exactly this. Only strong-willed Muslim girls with the most dedication to their religion will actually stay virgin until marriage. The rest will just go along with what non-Muslim girls do: jumping through short-term relationships from one man to another until they finally settle on one, or eventually seeing dating backfire on them and end up looking for an arranged marriage. The OP girl makes it pretty obvious she's heading for an arranged marriage with a man she hates, so she wants to look for herself and see if she can do any better than the men her parents might set her up with. Some Muslim girls can find a man themselves - but most of them won't.

For the first half I know, following religion or not is everyone's personal matter but those girls are on fault here, they don't follow the teachings of islam and they WILL be punished in the hereafter. It's just that now a days sadly people have driven away from religion which is actually something to be ashamed but at the same time there are muslims who follow Islam properly as well. So it totally depends on the person but those who commit the sin will surely be punished in the hereafter and will go straight to hell according to Islam. And for the second half love marriage isn't forbidden in Islam. If you like a guy you can tell your parents directly and can get married. It's all about doing things the halal way! (Halal way means without going against the religion in any matter)
Thanks for the correction and clarification!
Original post by aloosayshi
For the first half I know, following religion or not is everyone's personal matter but those girls are on fault here, they don't follow the teachings of islam and they WILL be punished in the hereafter. It's just that now a days sadly people have driven away from religion which is actually something to be ashamed but at the same time there are muslims who follow Islam properly as well. So it totally depends on the person but those who commit the sin will surely be punished in the hereafter and will go straight to hell according to Islam. And for the second half love marriage isn't forbidden in Islam. If you like a guy you can tell your parents directly and can get married. It's all about doing things the halal way! (Halal way means without going against the religion in any matter)

I've heard of love marriage, doing things the halal way and telling parents directly. But it's such a rarity where I come from that it's easy to believe it doesn't happen at all. All the Muslim couples I know (in my generation, not elders) got together in exactly the way I described. Meet each other at parties, get drunk, have lots of sex, stay together for a few years, get engaged then married. My friend and his girlfriend (both Muslims) did this, have been together 3 years and are now engaged. In the past I've seen Muslim girls wearing hijabs during the day then taking them off at night to go clubbing, drink alcohol and take boys home. The hypocrisy is very real and it's easy to see that lots of Muslim girls lead double lives in order to get commitment from a man they want. We all know that girls hate settling, so lots of girls see arranged marriage as a last resort in case they fail to find a man themselves. Which is why so many of them hate the thought of arranged marriage and want to move away from it, whether their parents agree or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending