The Student Room Group

Best/Worst GCSE/A-Level Grades

What are the best/worst GCSE or A-Level grades you've ever seen

no point to this question tbh, just genuinely curious
Tbh, I take each individual grade with its own merit.

If you can get 3 A’s while other factors are in your life then I rate this better than someone who has 3 A*’s with no factors.

Same exact thing for GCSE grades.
(edited 2 years ago)
I've ever SEEN?

What do you mean by that? As in seeing the actual printed certificate?

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding the question here.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I've ever SEEN?

What do you mean by that? As in seeing the actual printed certificate?

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding the question here.

I’m pretty sure they mean just in general.
Clearly some people do get the lowest grades possible - and for a wide range of reasons.
What an inane question.
Original post by McGinger
Clearly some people do get the lowest grades possible - and for a wide range of reasons.
What an inane question.

That wasn’t the question. It was asking what is the lowest/highest you have seen; not what is possible.
Original post by McGinger
What an inane question.

I didn't mean in general, I meant the highest/lowest grades that you (i.e, person reading the question) specifically have seen irl.
Still may be an inane question, but I was curious to see what kind of range there was, mb for the misunderstanding.
Original post by VeryAverage
I didn't mean in general, I meant the highest/lowest grades that you (i.e, person reading the question) specifically have seen irl.

Um I had a friend who got CCD in A-Levels but she was going through **** at that time and the fact that she still managed to get Cs is amazing tbh
If someone with dyscalculia can get a 2 or 3 on a difficult foundation tier paper then they should be very proud of their achievement. You have to take natural ability into account. If a top notch math genius flunked totally on a easy foundation tier paper or only was awarded a 4 then they were either lying or the weirdest thing happened that day. It completely boils down to individual pupil ability at the end of the day.
My daughter got a 9 in her GCSE Classical Civilisation this summer. That's the best I've ever seen.

When I was in high school, a friend of mine at the time got all Ds and Es for GCSEs (I think she totally failed a few as well). She wasn't academic. That's the worst I've ever actually seen.
(Although she was by far the only one to do badly. Many people in my year group did badly at GCSEs, just as others did well.)

For A Levels I only saw my own grades.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by tinygirl96
If someone with dyscalculia can get a 2 or 3 on a difficult foundation tier paper then they should be very proud of their achievement. You have to take natural ability into account. If a top notch math genius flunked totally on a easy foundation tier paper or only was awarded a 4 then they were either lying or the weirdest thing happened that day. It completely boils down to individual pupil ability at the end of the day.

I absolutely agree.

I'm hoping for 4s and 5s for my eldest son for his exams. He has both dyscalculia, and memory loss from meningitis. If he got all 5s I'd be over the moon. I know he'd have to work really hard for that.

Whereas if some of my other kids got 4s and 5s they definitely would have been slacking off, and it would be quite disappointing.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I absolutely agree.

I'm hoping for 4s and 5s for my eldest son for his exams. He has both dyscalculia, and memory loss from meningitis. If he got all 5s I'd be over the moon. I know he'd have to work really hard for that.

Whereas if some of my other kids got 4s and 5s they definitely would have been slacking off, and it would be quite disappointing.

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest