The Student Room Group

if a boy is shy, does that make him undateable??

I read all these posts how they every girl wants a confident go-getter but what if a boy is shy? not pathologically shy but like not the type of boy who hits on girls with great confidence? being shy as a guy = unattractive? I don't wanna be lonely forever but I also can't pretend I'm not myself...?
Most of the guys I like have been shy.. I’m also shy but out going sometimes depends on who I am with. It was kinda just us waiting to ask each other out but we never did he told me a year later he liked me but I already had a new boyfriend
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Most of the guys I like have been shy.. I’m also shy but out going sometimes depends on who I am with. It was kinda just us waiting to ask each other out but we never did he told me a year later he liked me but I already had a new boyfriend

I don't mean like that, if I like a girl, I will let her know eventually but it takes time (I need to connect with her emotionally first...) and second, I won't be all confident and sure of myself, I might sound a bit soppy when I tell her.

So... maybe shy is not the right word, but like reserved and not a ''player'' with the perfect pick up line that makes you feel like you're in a movie.
Just shoot your shot the worst thing that can happen is she says no.. but yeah become friends see if you really connect then go for it
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by angelove1704
Just shoot your shot the worst thing that can happen is she says no

I have no particular person in mind, just a small rant I suppose. Sorry.
Haha then I wish you luck with girls you got this when ever you find the right person.. but yeah become friends but don’t take to much time because then you could be friend zoned
It can be hard when you're shy, always start by becoming friends and you'll be more comfortable with that person over time which can lead on to romance.

Dating is hard for a shy girl too...I know because I am one.
Reply 7
It can be hard when you're shy, always start by becoming friends and you'll be more comfortable with that person over time which can lead on to romance.

Dating is hard for a shy girl too...I know because I am one.

Every and I mean every girl says they want a confident, outgoing guy but I have not heard the same from guys tbh.
Every and I mean every girl says they want a confident, outgoing guy but I have not heard the same from guys tbh.

I've been rejected by quite a few confident guys they didn't give a reason but I'm assuming it was my social anxiety (had this my whole life)....the ones that are interested in dating me are often confident guys who are unattractive or older men ( who I get creepy vibes from).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending