The Student Room Group

Job offer likely or not?

I've been going thru a job app for 3 weeks, including two interviews and a task i had to do which took several days to do. I know some people get hired within a few days and others it takes a month. But they said they were urgently seeking, and are a small company. But don't seem to be rushing to make an offer or reject and add on additional stages every time i think they'll just make a decision now, as if they're just not sure about me. They already asked for reference details halfway thru this process. Does it sound likely or not?
Hello there :smile:

It depends of the company. It could be that the selection process is taking long because there are loads of good candidates or that since they are a small company and they are a bit short of staff they are taking longer to interview everyone.

In my last job I had to do 2 tasks and 3 interviews before they offered me the position. I applied in June and they hired me at the end of August. However, you can always send them a polite email asking them.

Regardless of their decision I hope you are finding the interviews and selection process enriching and that you are learning new skills that you can apply in the future!

Good luck, I hope you get the job!
Best wishes
Andrea
Reply 2
Original post by Kingston University
Hello there :smile:

It depends of the company. It could be that the selection process is taking long because there are loads of good candidates or that since they are a small company and they are a bit short of staff they are taking longer to interview everyone.

In my last job I had to do 2 tasks and 3 interviews before they offered me the position. I applied in June and they hired me at the end of August. However, you can always send them a polite email asking them.

Regardless of their decision I hope you are finding the interviews and selection process enriching and that you are learning new skills that you can apply in the future!

Good luck, I hope you get the job!
Best wishes
Andrea

Hi thanks for the reply, I know that it was between me and 2-3 other candidates at least by the second interview... it seems like it should be clear from such a small selection? Was your role for a junior or higher position? if you dont mind me asking
Original post by Anonymous
Hi thanks for the reply, I know that it was between me and 2-3 other candidates at least by the second interview... it seems like it should be clear from such a small selection? Was your role for a junior or higher position? if you dont mind me asking

It was for a junior position, but in my case they had about 15 candidates. If you feel it has been too long you could send them an email asking them about the next steps.

Sending you good vibes and good luck!
Andrea
Reply 4
Original post by Kingston University
It was for a junior position, but in my case they had about 15 candidates. If you feel it has been too long you could send them an email asking them about the next steps.

Sending you good vibes and good luck!
Andrea

ah i see thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending