The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Studying Drama with a Btec

I'm looking into studying drama at UOM, I have D*D*D* in my lvl 3 extended diploma in performing and production arts. Do I also need an A level?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm looking into studying drama at UOM, I have D*D*D* in my lvl 3 extended diploma in performing and production arts. Do I also need an A level?

From the course link and below they all write BTEC plus A level so it's looks like a Yes. Have you tried contacting admissions and explaining your situation see what advice they can give you to get the A level quicker or something????

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/00198/ba-drama/entry-requirements/#alternative-entry-requirements

Pearson BTEC qualifications
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: we consider the National Extended Diploma for entry, preferably in a subject relevant to this course. Entry requirements are based on achievement of the full National Extended Diploma with grades Dist, Dist, Dist, plus one A-level at Grade A in an essay-based subject such as English Literature, History or Politics.

Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma: we consider the National Diploma for entry, preferably in a subject relevant to this course. Entry requirements are based on achievement of the full National Diploma with grades Distinction, Distinction, plus one A-level at Grade A in an essay-based subject such as English Literature, History or Politics.

Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma: we consider the National Foundation Diploma for entry, preferably in a subject relevant to this course. Entry requirements are based on achievement of the full National Foundation Diploma with a Distinction grade, PLUS one A-level at Grade A in an essay-based subject such as English Literature, History or Politics, PLUS an EPQ or AS at Grade B.

Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate: we consider the National Extended Certificate for entry, preferably in a subject relevant to this course. Entry requirements are based on achievement of the full National Extended Certificate with a Distinction grade, PLUS two A-levels at Grades AA; one of which must be in an essay-based subject such as English Literature, History or Politics.

The University of Manchester welcomes applications from students who have achieved legacy BTEC qualifications (pre-2016) such as the BTEC Extended Diploma, BTEC Diploma, BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, and BTEC Certificate. The grades required are likely to be the same or vary similar to the new BTEC qualifications (first teaching 2016, awarded 2018). Please contact the Academic School for clarification.

If you require further clarification about the acceptability of this qualification please contact the academic School(s) to which you plan to apply.
(edited 2 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending