The Student Room Group

Pwc flying start 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amana1
For maths I got a grade 5 and then when I retook them in year 12 they predicted me a 5 again
For English I got 6 in both Lang and lit
And I got a 6/7 in everything else.

You resat the test, but got a predicted grade?
Reply 41
Original post by Jaaferrrr!!!
You resat the test, but got a predicted grade?

Yes I got a predicted grade because when the exam started I had to self isolate so clearly I couldn’t do the exam so they gave me a predicted grade. That was the case for my first and second resit. On my 3rd resit it was teacher assessed but I didn’t even have an actually teacher and they never really had any evidence to support my grade
Original post by Amana1
For maths I got a grade 5 and then when I retook them in year 12 they predicted me a 5 again
For English I got 6 in both Lang and lit
And I got a 6/7 in everything else.

You might struggle to get an offer from Leeds assuming you’re not doing maths Alevel as they require a 6 even for Access to Leeds (widening participation lower Alevel offer). Unless you have an exceptional circumstance to explain it - do you?
Original post by Disperately
You might struggle to get an offer from Leeds assuming you’re not doing maths Alevel as they require a 6 even for Access to Leeds (widening participation lower Alevel offer). Unless you have an exceptional circumstance to explain it - do you?

If theyre doing a level maths its fine
If theyre doing a level maths its fine

True - I assumed they weren’t doing Alevel math hence the worry about their GCSE grade, but maybe they didn’t read that bit.
True - I assumed they weren’t doing Alevel math hence the worry about their GCSE grade, but maybe they didn’t read that bit.

Fairs
I am applying for Accounting at Queen Mary University, I just wanted to know what the process is. I read on the website that I have to first apply to Queen Mary University and then I will have to sit some additional assessments, could someone please inform me on what type of assessments they are? I meet every single requirement except GCSE Math's, First COVID year I got stiffed with a grade 6 and you need a minimum of 7. I am retaking GCSE Math's in November and I will get the result before Queen Mary's deadline. Any tips whilst applying?
Reply 47

Unfortunately I’m not doing a level maths, but the only thing I have to say to explain my grades is how I had to self isolate most of year 12 and miss my exams.
Original post by Amana1
Unfortunately I’m not doing a level maths, but the only thing I have to say to explain my grades is how I had to self isolate most of year 12 and miss my exams.

Sadly having to self isolate, even repeatedly, is now the norm. I doubt they’d see it as an ‘exceptional’ circumstance.

You could consider resitting it again, although perhaps just applying for other degree apprenticeships with requirements you meet may be a better option.

Obviously it’s up to you and you can still apply but I doubt the uni will accept you if you don’t actually meet their entry requirements.
Original post by Anom-007
I am applying for Accounting at Queen Mary University, I just wanted to know what the process is. I read on the website that I have to first apply to Queen Mary University and then I will have to sit some additional assessments, could someone please inform me on what type of assessments they are? I meet every single requirement except GCSE Math's, First COVID year I got stiffed with a grade 6 and you need a minimum of 7. I am retaking GCSE Math's in November and I will get the result before Queen Mary's deadline. Any tips whilst applying?

Probably best to wait for your results before you apply - as above, if you don’t meet the entry requirements you could just be wasting a UCAS option and you’re best spending your time revising than planning an application for something you might not actually meet the entry requirements for.

I assume the application process is likely similar to the tech apprenticeship so if/when you get your 7 there are details on their website about each assessment with e-learning to help you prepare. Pwc send it with the email inviting you to the assessments but you can find most stuff here:

https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/employability-hub.html

Good luck!
Probably best to wait for your results before you apply - as above, if you don’t meet the entry requirements you could just be wasting a UCAS option and you’re best spending your time revising than planning an application for something you might not actually meet the entry requirements for.

I assume the application process is likely similar to the tech apprenticeship so if/when you get your 7 there are details on their website about each assessment with e-learning to help you prepare. Pwc send it with the email inviting you to the assessments but you can find most stuff here:

https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/employability-hub.html

Good luck!

Are you currently on the course?
Are you currently on the course?

Sorry, no
Sorry, no

Are you applying? Im just wondering cuz you know about the process
Reply 53
Sadly having to self isolate, even repeatedly, is now the norm. I doubt they’d see it as an ‘exceptional’ circumstance.

You could consider resitting it again, although perhaps just applying for other degree apprenticeships with requirements you meet may be a better option.

Obviously it’s up to you and you can still apply but I doubt the uni will accept you if you don’t actually meet their entry requirements.

unfortunately most university’s require grade 6 in maths which is so annoying. I might just try apply and hope because it’s early it’ll get considered which I know is a long shot. But who knows maybe during clearing I can get lucky.
Original post by Amana1
unfortunately most university’s require grade 6 in maths which is so annoying. I might just try apply and hope because it’s early it’ll get considered which I know is a long shot. But who knows maybe during clearing I can get lucky.

If it doesnt work out, u could alyways take a gap year and do a level maths or gcse maths
Are you applying? Im just wondering cuz you know about the process

No. Supported someone last year in their application- they got to final stage but unsuccessful and undecided if will reapply as got a great level 3 apprenticeship in the end which looks like it will lead to a permanent job.
Got loads of info from previous tsr posts and want to pay that back.
No. Supported someone last year in their application- they got to final stage but unsuccessful and undecided if will reapply as got a great level 3 apprenticeship in the end which looks like it will lead to a permanent job.
Got loads of info from previous tsr posts and want to pay that back.

Do you know the feedback they got from pwc after being unsuccessful at the assessment centre?
I think it was something like they should have referred to the data they were provided with more in the group discussion. Not sure it was that helpful as far as feedback goes.
I think it was something like they should have referred to the data they were provided with more in the group discussion. Not sure it was that helpful as far as feedback goes.

Damn, if they didnt just use that as an excuse, they are pretty harsh with the scrutiny. Hopefully they arent pedantic
Reply 59
If it doesnt work out, u could alyways take a gap year and do a level maths or gcse maths

True, thanks for your help and to everyone else as well by the way, it answered and helped me with a lot of questions I had.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending