The Student Room Group

A level retake-A2

Guys I’m planning on retaking my exams as I didn’t do well on my Year 13 results day(A2). I’m planning on resitting my biology exams in June. I also want to pick up a new subject (Business studies). First of all, is business study hard and will I just have to take the A2 exams or I have to take the AS exams too(for business studies). I’m doing all of this as a private candidate btw
If you're doing linear A levels (ie the English exam boards) you only have to take the A2 exams. I did Business Studies and I found it the easiest out of my A levels. But you have to think if you're gonna be able to revise for Biology again AND learn 2 years worth of business content in time for June
Reply 2
Original post by cocopops1618
If you're doing linear A levels (ie the English exam boards) you only have to take the A2 exams. I did Business Studies and I found it the easiest out of my A levels. But you have to think if you're gonna be able to revise for Biology again AND learn 2 years worth of business content in time for June

Thanks for the reply! Oh yeah I’m doing ocr which is an English exam board so does that mean I only have to do my A2 business exams If I take it? And yeah that’s why I asked specifically about business(easiness) because I’m retaking chem and bio however I done significantly better in bio but I want to improve my grade in bio. With chemistry I don’t know if I should retake it as I’m not really good at it that’s why I wanted to change it with business maybe
Original post by Spla917
Thanks for the reply! Oh yeah I’m doing ocr which is an English exam board so does that mean I only have to do my A2 business exams If I take it? And yeah that’s why I asked specifically about business(easiness) because I’m retaking chem and bio however I done significantly better in bio but I want to improve my grade in bio. With chemistry I don’t know if I should retake it as I’m not really good at it that’s why I wanted to change it with business maybe

That's literally the same as me. I'm resitting bio and chem at the moment. I got a decent grade from my teachers in business so I'm not resitting it. Business is farrr easier than chemistry in my opinion. Obviously it depends on the subjects you need for the degree you wanna do as well. But if you have good work ethic I see no reason you couldn't learn business by June. And yes you'll only need to do the A2 exams as they contain all the content from the 2 years worth of A levels. Good luck!
Reply 4
That's literally the same as me. I'm resitting bio and chem at the moment. I got a decent grade from my teachers in business so I'm not resitting it. Business is farrr easier than chemistry in my opinion. Obviously it depends on the subjects you need for the degree you wanna do as well. But if you have good work ethic I see no reason you couldn't learn business by June. And yes you'll only need to do the A2 exams as they contain all the content from the 2 years worth of A levels. Good luck!

Damn wow are you resitting in year 12 or year 13? What grades did you get for chem and bio. With bio I’ve always been good at it but I left my revision too late hence why I’ve opted to resit but with chem idk it just feels very hard
Original post by Spla917
Damn wow are you resitting in year 12 or year 13? What grades did you get for chem and bio. With bio I’ve always been good at it but I left my revision too late hence why I’ve opted to resit but with chem idk it just feels very hard

Resitting year 13. Doing the A2 exams. I got C in bio and D in chem. Bio is definitely the easier of the 2. I've always found chem hard so I'm not expecting much improvement on that D grade but worth a try I guess. I've always found that trying to explain is as if I was teaching a complete novice really helps me
Reply 6
Resitting year 13. Doing the A2 exams. I got C in bio and D in chem. Bio is definitely the easier of the 2. I've always found chem hard so I'm not expecting much improvement on that D grade but worth a try I guess. I've always found that trying to explain is as if I was teaching a complete novice really helps me

Wow you’re literally like me, I’m also retaking my exams next yearI got a C in bio and an E in chem. Yeah bio is not as hard as people say it is. Chem on the other hand I feel, you need to understand the basic concepts before anything, if not it’s very hard to know what you’re doing
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest