The Student Room Group

Just started uni

Is been only 3 weeks but I feel so burned out already. I feel like giving up on my degree, any suggestions on how to improve academically in uni? especially is not my first language.
why do you feel burned out do you think?
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
why do you feel burned out do you think?

Ik it goes the same for everyone and it sounds like I'm having excuses but uni work has been feeling overwhelming for me. I'm looking for ways to improve my time management and revision.
Original post by Anonymous
Ik it goes the same for everyone and it sounds like I'm having excuses but uni work has been feeling overwhelming for me. I'm looking for ways to improve my time management and revision.

Yeah, it can get quite hectic, especially when it’s like exam season and stuff.. right? Completely normal.

Have you tried creating yourself a time table then?
Reply 4
No, but that's a good idea thank you I will try doing that.
No, but that's a good idea thank you I will try doing that.

Hi,

I feel like a lot of students have been through this feeling. Especially at the start of university when you are still getting used to everything and figuring it all out. As suggested above I would recommend making a timetable to plan your time if you think this is something that would work for you. I also like to make lists of all the tasks I need to complete and a priority list of the most important things. It's good to create these short-term and long-term goals to divide your time and to give a feeling of accomplishment when they are completed even if it is a small task.

You could try out new different ways of revising and studying to see if it works for you. For example, some people are audio learners so listening to podcasts might work for you. Some people are visual learners so need visual cues to learn. It's all about trying out as many methods as possible e.g., mind maps, revision cards etc to find the ones that work best for you.

Hope this helped.
Kasey - ULaw Student Ambassador.
Reply 6
Thanks Kasey for the suggestions.
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hi,

I feel like a lot of students have been through this feeling. Especially at the start of university when you are still getting used to everything and figuring it all out. As suggested above I would recommend making a timetable to plan your time if you think this is something that would work for you. I also like to make lists of all the tasks I need to complete and a priority list of the most important things. It's good to create these short-term and long-term goals to divide your time and to give a feeling of accomplishment when they are completed even if it is a small task.

You could try out new different ways of revising and studying to see if it works for you. For example, some people are audio learners so listening to podcasts might work for you. Some people are visual learners so need visual cues to learn. It's all about trying out as many methods as possible e.g., mind maps, revision cards etc to find the ones that work best for you.

Hope this helped.
Kasey - ULaw Student Ambassador.
Is been only 3 weeks but I feel so burned out already. I feel like giving up on my degree, any suggestions on how to improve academically in uni? especially is not my first language.

Hello!

Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing?

I thought you might find these student blog posts helpful:
A brief guide to surviving university: Balancing academics and having fun!
5 note-taking methods all students should know

I wish you the best of luck with your university journey :smile:

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest