The Student Room Group

Have you upgraded to Windows 11?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Nope.

They've took away basic features, such as resizing the taskbar, moving the taskbar to the top, right or left of the screen, no longer able to drag and drop files through your taskbar (for example, if you have a file you're wanting to use i.e a photo into Photoshop, you now have to alt tab into the window, instead of being able to drag the photo into Photoshop via the taskbar) and the right click context menu is an absolute mess, needing you to take further steps to do things. Not to mention, this arbitrary restrictions of TPM, locking out so many computers from using Windows 11 that would run it absolutely no problem.

Sure, there's ways around the TPM restrictions but it shouldn't have to be this way. Consumers with certain Ryzen processors are arbitrary locked out from using it when there's absolutely no reason whatsoever, a Ryzen 1700 for example, cannot run Windows 11.

Windows 10 works perfectly fine, with better functionality and still has support til 2025. If Microsoft fixes these annoyances and downgrades, then it might be worth an upgrade once Windows 10 is no longer receiving support from Microsoft.
omg @Chronoscope imagine if windows 11 was like that dr who ep where the cybermen were re-introduced and they kept upgrading and there was this chess game thatd be wild
Yes, but I'll wait a month or so to see if there's any major issues. That being said, I'm finding myself using Linux a lot more these days, especially for uni work.

I use Arch btw jk I use Manjaro
Reply 43
Original post by Mogga96
Nope.

They've took away basic features, such as resizing the taskbar, moving the taskbar to the top, right or left of the screen, no longer able to drag and drop files through your taskbar (for example, if you have a file you're wanting to use i.e a photo into Photoshop, you now have to alt tab into the window, instead of being able to drag the photo into Photoshop via the taskbar) and the right click context menu is an absolute mess, needing you to take further steps to do things. Not to mention, this arbitrary restrictions of TPM, locking out so many computers from using Windows 11 that would run it absolutely no problem.

Sure, there's ways around the TPM restrictions but it shouldn't have to be this way. Consumers with certain Ryzen processors are arbitrary locked out from using it when there's absolutely no reason whatsoever, a Ryzen 1700 for example, cannot run Windows 11.

Windows 10 works perfectly fine, with better functionality and still has support til 2025. If Microsoft fixes these annoyances and downgrades, then it might be worth an upgrade once Windows 10 is no longer receiving support from Microsoft.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Moving the taskbar around is certainly not as easy as it was on Windows 10. However, this website does provide a few methods of getting the taskbar back in it's old bottom-left home: https://www.minitool.com/news/how-to-move-windows-11-taskbar.html

Quick Reply

Latest