The Student Room Group

St George's, University of London A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
thank you! it says u can switch within 14 days from receiving your welcome email, but the new uni would see it as a late submission, which is what u said! that's that then :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
are sgul mmi interviews online or in person and when do they start dishing interviews out?
Reply 82
Original post by ShadowHokage
I’d say St George is safer I think. But the deadline has passed…. Have you not submitted your application?

still curious why u think it would've been safer? im gonna try for sgul in clearing, as their clearing treshold seems to be a bit lower! (hopefully they have clearing..)
Original post by miaxmur
still curious why u think it would've been safer? im gonna try for sgul in clearing, as their clearing treshold seems to be a bit lower! (hopefully they have clearing..)

Hello! The reason why I said St George is safer, because Nottingham (if I remember correctly) has a high focus on VR & SJT and overall in the “Which Medical School Should I Apply To” I noticed that Nottingham was being avoided with people with even higher UCAT scores whilst St George I think you were slightly above the cut off from last year (2620?) and this UCAT mean went down so this cut off should hopefully be even lower.

I’m not a expert on recommending medical schools, I’m just another fellow y13 whose trying to get in medicine. :smile:
Reply 84
I'm applying as a master's graduate with a UCAT score of 2850 so a bit of a stretch but fingers crossed! International stats are so iffy anyways. Whatever. Feels so good to have everything submitted.
Have you heard anything yet if i may ask? I also applied on 13/10 but no acknowledgement yet here either.
Original post by DarceyDS
Have you heard anything yet if i may ask? I also applied on 13/10 but no acknowledgement yet here either.

I applied on 08/10 and I still haven’t received any acknowledgment either. Got it from all my other universities, so I think St George just might be one of the universities that don’t send out any acknowledgment emails but they should definitely have received it.
Hi freemango - can you tell us a bit more about your story and background? I’m also a ‘very mature’ prospective student and have just put in my UCAS application after being in work for 24 years. Did you apply last year and defer your place?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 88
I applied on 08/10 and I still haven’t received any acknowledgment either. Got it from all my other universities, so I think St George just might be one of the universities that don’t send out any acknowledgment emails but they should definitely have received it.

hey, i applied last year (and this year!) and i got my acknowledgement pretty quickly last year, within a day
this year however, i haven't had one yet so they're probs just being a bit slow! don't worry about it, as long as you submitted it on time then you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 89
Hello! The reason why I said St George is safer, because Nottingham (if I remember correctly) has a high focus on VR & SJT and overall in the “Which Medical School Should I Apply To” I noticed that Nottingham was being avoided with people with even higher UCAT scores whilst St George I think you were slightly above the cut off from last year (2620?) and this UCAT mean went down so this cut off should hopefully be even lower.

I’m not a expert on recommending medical schools, I’m just another fellow y13 whose trying to get in medicine. :smile:

Hi! Thanks for letting me know! I think 2630 is too low anyway, or at least for postgrad, so I applied to undergrad but I don't have many hopes left :frown: we'll see! good luck to you too! :smile:

hmm yeah its really weird altho i applied last yr and they sent me an acknowledgment email a few hrs after my ucas was submitted
Original post by benmathewjoseph
Asking again cuz i got aired lmao, do SGUL use GCSES apart from minimum requirements?

Hello, no they do not use them past min entry requirements
Original post by benmathewjoseph
Alright thanks! Do they only use UCAT, there threshold is not even that high for a university that only uses that!

Yea, just the UCAT. Last years cutoffs were a fair bit higher than typical of sgul however. 2620 for home undergrads, 2710 for overseas undergrads, 2800 for home grads and 2830 for overseas grads. They are still quite generous with the thresholds compared to some however. Good luck with your application!
Did you guys get a confirmation email when you applied? I’ve had one from everywhere I applied except at George’s.
Original post by Sriley35
Did you guys get a confirmation email when you applied? I’ve had one from everywhere I applied except at George’s.

Not yet, I’m sure they’ll get round to it though :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Sriley35

Yes .. never got St. George’s so far .. got from all the others .
According to office for students website they list St Georges as having 298 places,however St Georges themselves state that they had 184 places for the 2020/2021 intake. This is a large difference in numbers
Original post by Jpree34
Yes .. never got St. George’s so far .. got from all the others .

Same
Reply 98
Do you mean for 2022 /23 intake as that will be us
Reply 99
Original post by 09braden09
According to office for students website they list St Georges as having 298 places,however St Georges themselves state that they had 184 places for the 2020/2021 intake. This is a large difference in numbers

I love that you have discovered the OfS and the total chaos of all this :lol:
The place numbers funded included their GEM course, and the "updates" made as a result of the Governement crapping themselves when they thought how bad the press would be when Tristan-and-Hermione-from-the-Home-Counties did not have a place at their preferred medical school, so mummy has gone to the Torygraph and Daddy is asking questions at The Club!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending