The Student Room Group

im doing BTEC applied science level 3 diploma and economics

I'd like to get into university (within london) and study biology/environmental sciences, however, my options have been reduced since I'm not doing an extended diploma. What should i do ? What universities will accept me ? And are there any other routes ? Thanks
Hey!

How many units are in your BTEC? Is it a year course? And are you given an individual award i.e (Pass, Merit, Distinction)?

What qualification is your economics course? Have you done any other course post GCSE?

Sorry for the 21 questions it will just help me answer better if I knew lol
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by JasmineAcademic
Hey!

How many units are in your BTEC? Is it a year course? And are you given an individual award i.e (Pass, Merit, Distinction)?

What qualification is your economics course? Have you done any other course post GCSE?

Sorry for the 21 questions it will just help me answer better if I knew lol

hi there ! my btec is a 2 year course, it is a double award and my economics course is an alevel aqa , i havent done any other course post GCSE
Original post by animaljamluvr
hi there ! my btec is a 2 year course, it is a double award and my economics course is an alevel aqa , i havent done any other course post GCSE

Hey!

I was always under the impression that, if you weren’t doing the extended diploma, that you would need an A level alongside it to get into uni. So that makes me believe that you can for sure go to uni! I haven’t looked specifically at a lot of course but If you look at this one for instance - https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/courses/f881d086-b689-f371-903b-ffa8c958b073?academicYearId=2022

They want you to have MM in applied science but also a C at A level. Some may specify which area they want your A level in but some won’t. Don’t be afraid to get in contact with any university admissions via email and see if they will accept your economics A level alongside your BTEC as some will. Especially if you do better than the MM they are asking for or the C at A level. They really are your best bet right now. Have a look at some courses you’re interest in that accept BTEC using the ucas search tool and then contact the unis directly and ask them. You will be surprised as some won’t advertise it on their site but they are quite lenient as long as you have a good grade at A level and you’ve done well in your BTEC too!

Here’s the link for the course finder. https://digital.ucas.com/search - type in the courses you’re interested in or the subject area and then change the location to London or the south and see what each universities requirements are
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending