The Student Room Group

Keele University A100 2022 entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for Keele University A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Keele.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the Keele University A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

Keele A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560680

For general information click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...rses/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...y-requirements

Keele A100 / A104 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7182303

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I would like to apply to Keele for medicine however I'm not sure if ill get an interview call?
My UCAT score was 2390
My predicted grades are A*A*A
And my GCSE's were all 9's
Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by mdolphin
Hi, I would like to apply to Keele for medicine however I'm not sure if ill get an interview call?
My UCAT score was 2390
My predicted grades are A*A*A
And my GCSE's were all 9's
Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Keele select using their R+R form, so will depend on your material for that?
Reply 3
Original post by becausethenight
Keele select using their R+R form, so will depend on your material for that?

ahh i see, does keele send you the form if they would like you come for an interview? or does everyone who applies have to fill it out for the admission process?
ahh i see, does keele send you the form if they would like you come for an interview? or does everyone who applies have to fill it out for the admission process?

Everyone, as it is how they select for interview. They have a lot of guidance on their website so I’d have a look there.
Hello, I was just wondering whether I stand a chance for medicine at Keele. (no contextual points)
UCAT: 2840 B2
A levels: 3A*s achieved in biology, chemistry and geography
GCSE's: 9999999997A*A*
Any help would be appreciated!

Everyone, as it is how they select for interview. They have a lot of guidance on their website so I’d have a look there.

Original post by user58932
Hello, I was just wondering whether I stand a chance for medicine at Keele. (no contextual points)
UCAT: 2840 B2
A levels: 3A*s achieved in biology, chemistry and geography
GCSE's: 9999999997A*A*
Any help would be appreciated!

See above, it’s very dependant on R+R form (you probably have safer choices)
How much weight does the sjt have in the application? I got a band 3 so would someone with a band 2 more likely get an interview than me?
Reply 8
Hi guys,
I dropped an email to Keele admission team asking about academic gaps restriction for graduate applicant. However no reply until now.

I couldn’t see any details that mention about the academic gap between my last academic attainment and 2022 intake.
Does anybody know anything about this?
My previous academic graduation was 2016.
does anyone know if keele/sunderland credit you more for longer periods of 'roles/responsibilities'? So if you have done a particular volunteering role for more hours will you be given a lot more credit?
Reply 10
Anyone know if we’ll have to sit the numeracy test for Keele this year for medicine? Last year it was cancelled as interviews were online. Not sure if they will be online again??
Original post by medprincess
does anyone know if keele/sunderland credit you more for longer periods of 'roles/responsibilities'? So if you have done a particular volunteering role for more hours will you be given a lot more credit?

If you look at the form online it gives credit up to something like 100+ hours so yes, but please do check on their website :smile:
Hi, I already achieved my A level grades and I am reapplying. I got A*A*A, so would they give interview as I have the grades?
Original post by Cheahr
Hi guys,
I dropped an email to Keele admission team asking about academic gaps restriction for graduate applicant. However no reply until now.

I couldn’t see any details that mention about the academic gap between my last academic attainment and 2022 intake.
Does anybody know anything about this?
My previous academic graduation was 2016.

Hi :smile: Did they get back to you?
Reply 14
Original post by CitizenHK
Hi :smile: Did they get back to you?

I called them last week and one member quickly check the website and r&r form. She said it doesn’t look like there are any academic gap because we have to fill in any working experience in the R&R form. She presume no.
Not very helpful information right?
Reply 15
GCSE’s (06/2011):
Biology A
Chemistry A*
English A
Mathematics A
3 more GCSE at A and 2 at B (Geography, Physics)
GCSE short-course ICT A* (not sure what short course is)

A-levels (06/2013):
Biology C
Chemistry - A
Economics A*
EPQ E

(06/2014) In 2014 I took a gap year, did some work experience, and took a resit in my biology as-well as well as take on AS level (not full a-level) business studies, achieving an A in both (06/2014)

Following this, I went to university:
Date of registration; 22/Sep/2014
End of registration; 23/Sep/2019
Qualification Awarded; MPHARM Pharmacy Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
Date of Award; 01/Oct/2019

After degree, I started pre-registration trainee Pharmacist, 30th Sept 2019 27th Sept 2020. Following this there was the wait for the GPHC exam due to covid, and I finally became a registered Pharmacist on 15/05/2021.

UCAT:
Total score 2580 (645) Band 2
(verbal reasoning score was 550).

Work experience: Will have about 4 weeks of volunteering to help out elderly, amongst other things

No WP or contextual flags

do you guys think I will have a good chance?
Reply 16
also is Sunderland the exact same in terms of application entry requirements as Keele? is it risky applying to both?
Original post by Cheahr
I called them last week and one member quickly check the website and r&r form. She said it doesn’t look like there are any academic gap because we have to fill in any working experience in the R&R form. She presume no.
Not very helpful information right?

I mean I would go with the information she has given. A lot of universities state on their website in regards to academic gaps, so it should be fine if they don’t have any such requirements.
I'm so sorry if this sounds dumb, but could someone please explain to me what exactly the R+R Form is???
Original post by infamouBx
I'm so sorry if this sounds dumb, but could someone please explain to me what exactly the R+R Form is???

It is a form used to highlight your medical experience and why you would make a good doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending