The Student Room Group

my grandma died

i want to cry but i can't it doesn't feel real
I know what you mean as a guy I feel emotion but often can't express it much. It's kind of like a mental block. Think it's in-built in guys bit really a learned thing. Nothing we can do to avoid bad moments and things happening. It's just something that's unfortunately a part of life for all of us, something we have to deal with over time as best we can I think.
hey, it probably won't feel really for a while since you are probably in shock. you just need to take it slow and let each feeling come and deal with it probably.
I am so sorry for your loss. I don´t really know what to write though. I felt the same when my grandma died. I just felt numb and in shock. I couldn´t cry either, and I felt like I was... heartless and ungrateful. But you aren´t. I know this probably won´t help you, but just know that you´ll get through it.
I’m so sorry for your loss I know how you feel I lost my grandma before I was born I never got to chance to met her but I heard so many stories about her and look at old photos of her that makes me happy because she watching me grow up in heaven and it’s ok to be sad it’s ok you want to cry just remember she will always be in her heart and always watching from above she in a better place now when she happy and she will remember all the memories she had with you and I hope you remember the memories of her she with god now I promise it will be better.
I'm sorry for your loss, things will get easier. Keep your head up :hugs:
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my uncle about a year ago and I felt really guilty cause I couldn’t bring myself to tears.

I just kinda felt empty. I promise you things will get better.

Time is the best healer.
Original post by butter fly
i want to cry but i can't it doesn't feel real

Sorry to hear about your grandma , she may not be around but try to remember the nice times you had with her, think about planting a rose bush (you can often find one with the same name) and I guarantee each time you water and care for it, it will bring a smile to your face.
It may take a while for the shock and sense of her not being there to sink in, that is normal. For example, when it would have next been her birthday. Try to remember all the good things and times her presence in your life gave you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending