The Student Room Group

Foundation year

i'm going to apply for foundation year for computer science do you guys have any recommendations on which uni should i apply and i'm looking at king's right now.. is it hard to go into undergrad there? can i change uni after i finished the foundation year thankyou
Don’t apply for a foundation year hoping to switch university. While it’s possible it isn’t easy and offers no guarantees.

A gap year and resitting A levels/taking different A levels will give you far more options and cost far less.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Don’t apply for a foundation year hoping to switch university. While it’s possible it isn’t easy and offers no guarantees.

A gap year and resitting A levels/taking different A levels will give you far more options and cost far less.

but im an international student tho
Original post by primmy.yy
but im an international student tho

The same thing applies - especially for a subject like computer science where universities can often refuse to accept a foundation year that they didn't teach themselves.

There are places you could study A levels in a year in the UK for ~£13k - cheaper than most foundation years and more widely accepted (and doesn't eat into your allowed time on an undergraduate student route visa)
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
The same thing applies - especially for a subject like computer science where universities can often refuse to accept a foundation year that they didn't teach themselves.

There are places you could study A levels in a year in the UK for ~£13k - cheaper than most foundation years and more widely accepted (and doesn't eat into your allowed time on an undergraduate student route visa)

but if i dont change uni its ok right
Reply 5
Original post by primmy.yy
i'm going to apply for foundation year for computer science do you guys have any recommendations on which uni should i apply and i'm looking at king's right now.. is it hard to go into undergrad there? can i change uni after i finished the foundation year thankyou

I am going to apply to King’s next monday, but I will pursue their Global Politics and Social Sciences. Good luck on your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending