The Student Room Group

My mom hates it when I use my phone in the morning ant at night. that craps me off.

(edited 2 years ago)
I think you should build a better relationship with your mum, understand her point of view and approach problems with her diplomatically. You shouldn't give priority to social media over family relationships. You should know that social media is a dangerous place which is addictive and likely to lead to mental health problems. I think your mum is doing it to protect you.

Probably not what you want to hear but I think its important you know.
Maybe she has a point. You're 13 and you seem to have quite an unhealthy attachment to technology.
well my sister does the same thing too. I mean, Sometimes I teach her and myself a lesson. (same user)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by user726384
well my sister does the same thing too. I mean, Sometimes I make sure to always teach her and myself a lesson.(same user)

rydt
Original post by username1340420
I think you should build a better relationship with your mum, understand her point of view and approach problems with her diplomatically. You shouldn't give priority to social media over family relationships. You should know that social media is a dangerous place which is addictive and likely to lead to mental health problems. I think your mum is doing it to protect you.

well, my sister does the same thing too. So sometimes I am basically trying to teach my sister a lesson about tech. (myself too)

Original post by username1340420

Reply 6
Get some friends and hobbies in real life so you can learn to interact properly with others, and get out of the house and get some fresh air and exercise rather than being slumped over a phone most of the day.
Reply 7
It is not healthy to constantly be in front of a screen. Listening to ASMR or calm music at night to help you calm down and fall asleep and texting your friends during the day is reasonable but you dont need to be doing it all day. Your mum knows what she's talking about, listen to her.
well when it comes to fall time, then I would be outside. I like the cool air.
Reply 9
she's probably gone about you using technology less in a horrible way but, she seems right to an extent. technology is extremely addictive to fully grown adults let alone 13 year old children. the repercussions of you becoming addicted to it can be enormous and it will be ridiculously hard to break an addiction, since your brain is developing and your going to have the easiest time building habits for your life right now.
try and find a middle ground, ik how it is with moms being a little irrational but if you can agree with her on a set amount of time you should be good
Well, my sister spends a little more time on her phone than me. I sometimes take breaks and open the window or spend time on my fidget spinner.
Original post by Foxehh
It is not healthy to constantly be in front of a screen. Listening to ASMR or calm music at night to help you calm down and fall asleep and texting your friends during the day is reasonable but you dont need to be doing it all day. Your mum knows what she's talking about, listen to her.

Well my sister spends a little more time on her phone than me, I would rather take 3 10 minute breaks a day and open the window or play with my fidget spinner.
chill just focus on something else. your too young to be pissed off. ik that sounds mean but that's me being completely honest. try and talk to your mom but if she doesn't budge leave her alone and go do something else. any arguing past that won't be productive and you shouldn't NEED a phone anyway, they're are alot of cool things you can do without one.
I'm 18 and my mom takes my phone away from me. It is for our own good though. I won't do anything else than just staring at the phone. lol
Reply 15
Well my sister spends a little more time on her phone than me, I would rather take 3 10 minute breaks a day and open the window or play with my fidget spinner.

'she does it too' doesnt make it okay/healthy? I highly doubt you have nothing else to do but those two options.

what fidget spinners still exist?!
(edited 2 years ago)
Uh yes obviously…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending