The Student Room Group

Accomodation and stay in oldham

I am a junior doctor in india and want to fly to UK on 21 December 2021 and stay there till 12 of February 2022 so that I can prepare and study for my plab 2 exam held on 11 th feb .I am seeing accommodation in Oldham where my academy for my preparation is located, I have no one to guide me on this issue. I am seeking accommodation for the same and it would be nice if someone can guide me on this issue
Reply 1
Original post by dr.sachinsagar
I am a junior doctor in india and want to fly to UK on 21 December 2021 and stay there till 12 of February 2022 so that I can prepare and study for my plab 2 exam held on 11 th feb .I am seeing accommodation in Oldham where my academy for my preparation is located, I have no one to guide me on this issue. I am seeking accommodation for the same and it would be nice if someone can guide me on this issue

I can't help with your specific question, but make sure you have received your visa before you commit to any expenditure on accommodation.
Original post by martin7
I can't help with your specific question, but make sure you have received your visa before you commit to any expenditure on accommodation.

Hey! , The visa process requires to mention place of accomodation ,so I need to show a booking to get visa , that's why I am seeking for a place now
Reply 3
Original post by dr.sachinsagar
Hey! , The visa process requires to mention place of accomodation ,so I need to show a booking to get visa , that's why I am seeking for a place now

See section 9 ("Documents you should not use as evidence") at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visitor-visa-guide-to-supporting-documents/guide-to-supporting-documents-visiting-the-uk which includes "hotel bookings".

You need to show evidence that you can support yourself financially in the UK (and can afford to travel from home to the UK and back again). There's no requirement to have booked accommodation in advance -- you might have booked accommodation which you can cancel and get a refund for; so having accommodation booked proves nothing.

And you really want to avoid any expense that you can't get refunded, in case your visa application isn't approved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending