The Student Room Group

Saturday Job

I'm 16 and I've found a saturday job I want at about £60/day so Ive finally got some money to spend, but putting it along with school it'd mean I'd only Sunday as my only free day as obviously the other six are taken up by school and (possibly) the saturday job, do I take the job?
Original post by Charlieieieieie
I'm 16 and I've found a saturday job I want at about £60/day so Ive finally got some money to spend, but putting it along with school it'd mean I'd only Sunday as my only free day as obviously the other six are taken up by school and (possibly) the saturday job, do I take the job?

Hi, I hope you are well.

I have had a Saturday job since I was 16. This was on top of full time school and dance classes on the weekend.

It is valuable experience and gives you independence from your parents where you have your own hard earned money. I found it easy to manage around my studies and am still currently at the same job despite being in my third year at university. Working from a young age, and gaining that experience from a young age is so valuable. In the future you will feel it was a missed opportunity if you do not at least try it. If you find it hard to manage with your school work, you can always stop working at a later date.

Hope this helps.

Ilona - Pearson Business School Student Rep

This is fine. I’m college and sixth form especially many people work on the weekends and after school.
I'm 16 and I've found a saturday job I want at about £60/day so Ive finally got some money to spend, Ibut putting it along with school it'd mean I'd only Sunday as my only free day as obviously the other six are taken up by school and (possibly) the saturday job, do I take the job?

Yes, id deffo take it.
It is valuable experience. You gain confidence and skills which can come in useful in future (e.g. future jobs etc etc).
You also get your own money. As well as teaching you the value of money, you can buy your own stuff, start putting aside savings, save up for stuff etc etc.
A lot of people at 6th form/college/uni have jobs.
Original post by Pearson Business School Rep
Hi, I hope you are well.

I have had a Saturday job since I was 16. This was on top of full time school and dance classes on the weekend.

It is valuable experience and gives you independence from your parents where you have your own hard earned money. I found it easy to manage around my studies and am still currently at the same job despite being in my third year at university. Working from a young age, and gaining that experience from a young age is so valuable. In the future you will feel it was a missed opportunity if you do not at least try it. If you find it hard to manage with your school work, you can always stop working at a later date.

Hope this helps.

Ilona - Pearson Business School Student Rep

I'll definetely take it up then, thank you for answering
Original post by Emma:-)
Yes, id deffo take it.
It is valuable experience. You gain confidence and skills which can come in useful in future (e.g. future jobs etc etc).
You also get your own money. As well as teaching you the value of money, you can buy your own stuff, start putting aside savings, save up for stuff etc etc.
A lot of people at 6th form/college/uni have jobs.

Gonna have to take it up then, thanks for the reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending