The Student Room Group

Imperial College London A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dbrownbeast
Is this something that is confirmed true? Can't find any information on graduates for this course anywhere

I think that's because they no longer have a seperate graduates course so for simplicity and fairness everyone applying to the a100 course is treated the same. Double check their websites
Original post by c_u_r_r_y
Does anyone know the average BMAT scores for interviewees for 2020 or (even better!) 2021 entry? I'm aware of Imperial's BMAT cut offs however I would be quite interested in what the average BMAT score of those interviewed previously have been, as I would like a solid idea of what I should be working towards? I've had a flick through the FOIs however I'm yet to find anything. thank you!!!

What you should be working towards is being above the cutoff :tongue: Remember, 50% of interviewees or offer holders will by definition be below average, and there's no shame in scraping in (nor does it mean you'll do any better or worse on the degree)

Original post by c_u_r_r_y
If the offer is A*AA, will the A* be any one of the 2 out of biology or chemistry or will Imperial state whether they want the A* in biology or chemistry specifically? ty!

For everyone I know it was either bio or chem (but couldn't be the 3rd subject)
Hi so just to confirm, even if you are a graduate(I'm doing a Biomedicial engineering degree at Imperial currently) applying to A100 if you don't have an A in Chemistry and Biology they will reject you?

I have an A in Biology and a B in Chemistry.
Original post by Ricardowasright
Hi so just to confirm, even if you are a graduate(I'm doing a Biomedicial engineering degree at Imperial currently) applying to A100 if you don't have an A in Chemistry and Biology they will reject you?

I have an A in Biology and a B in Chemistry.

Screenshot_20211015_064712.jpglooks like you still need 3As even if you're a graduate.
Saw that Imperial are doing MMI in TWO PHASES! One online asynchronous in January and one online or face-to-face live in March. Ridiculous to make the process so complicated. Totally unnecessary IMHO.
Original post by yenil68632
Saw that Imperial are doing MMI in TWO PHASES! One online asynchronous in January and one online or face-to-face live in March. Ridiculous to make the process so complicated. Totally unnecessary IMHO.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/study/undergraduate/medicine-mbbs-programmes/mmi/

Info found on link above if anyone wants to see for themselves :smile:
@GANFYD @becausethenight @AnnaBananana I've applied to Imperial College for Medicine and Biochemistry. Do they accept applicants for Biochemistry that have also applied to Medicine or do they reject them? I'm eligible for a guaranteed offer due to my widening partipaction criteria. However, one of their criteria was 'demonstrate motivation to study within the specific subject area' but obviously, that won't be the case when my personal statement is on Medicine.
Original post by Vetrix42
@GANFYD @ecolier @becausethenight @AnnaBananana I've applied to Imperial College for Medicine and Biochemistry. Do they accept applicants for Biochemistry that have also applied to Medicine or do they reject them? I'm eligible for a guaranteed offer due to my widening partipaction criteria. However, one of their criteria was 'demonstrate motivation to study within the specific subject area' but obviously, that won't be the case when my personal statement is on Medicine.

Well even if they rejected you for biochemistry it doesn't matter, because you know what I keep saying!

Don't apply to a 5th, non-medicine choice and never ever do a degree with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine.

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 2 years ago)
At our open day we were advised to not apply for biochem as a 5th choice on a medicine application because ‘we are oversubscribed with great quality applications from students who are committed to studying biochem in its own right’. I don’t know how this would work with your WP criteria though, I don’t know anything about biochem and WP x
Original post by AnnaBananana
At our open day we were advised to not apply for biochem as a 5th choice on a medicine application because ‘we are oversubscribed with great quality applications from students who are committed to studying biochem in its own right’. I don’t know how this would work with your WP criteria though, I don’t know anything about biochem and WP x

Thanks that's what I thought to be honest. Because it's Imperial they don't need to take Medicine applicants for 5th choice courses etc.
How much do u think the combined bmat cut off will increase this year ? Last year it increased over 2 point and now I am scared they will be like 13 is the cut off or something .
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by starlit03
How much do u think the combined bmat cut off will increase this year ? Last year it increased over 2 point and now I am scared they will be like 13 is the cut off or something .

In some ways I doubt there's space for it to jump again, if only because I don't think the increase in applicants this year will be 20% again year on year - more likely to be around the same as last year, and then around the same cutoffs again. But anything could happen, frankly, and all you can do is do the best you can on the BMAT and hope for the best - you've applied now so you're stuck whatever the cutoff ends up being :tongue:
Reply 72
i havent got an email from imperial confirming my application but have from other unis should i be worried
Original post by anon03
i havent got an email from imperial confirming my application but have from other unis should i be worried

don't worry yet!

i have received a confirmation email from imperial, but haven't for one of my other 4 choices, idk why they aren't sent them out all at once.
Original post by anon03

No, Imperial is Like That :tongue:

The confirmation emails can be pretty meaningless anyway, I wouldn't worry (and do check your junk folder as well)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by becausethenight
No, Imperial is Like That :tongue:

Hahahahaha sorry but that made me smile more than it should… x
Original post by AnnaBananana
Hahahahaha sorry but that made me smile more than it should… x

:lol: good to know you still have a sense of humour about it!
Does anyone know if Imperial still sends interview invites based on Bands? Or is it just a general cut off point and if you receive a score higher than that, you are invited for an interview?

Also, do the interview invites tend to be random or does it go from highest to lowest BMAT scores?
Original post by ShadowHokage
Does anyone know if Imperial still sends interview invites based on Bands? Or is it just a general cut off point and if you receive a score higher than that, you are invited for an interview?

Also, do the interview invites tend to be random or does it go from highest to lowest BMAT scores?

All interview invites are sent before interviews start in January. There is no order.
Original post by ShadowHokage

I believe they stopped using bands 2-3 years ago and just have a BMAT cutoff.

In my experience it seems to be random. I know the year I applied, going by the TSR ICSM applicants thread and the couple of others from my sixth form that applied, it didn’t seem to be in order of BMAT, predicted A levels, alphabetical surname, area/region, or anything else we could think of

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending