The Student Room Group

Fact: UK Christmas Charts Broadcast Media Data is Always 1 Week Early

.Believe it or not, the UK Christmas charts should be called "The Run Up" or "Near To Christmas" Due to the data of sales and units before Christmas Day, But it's been Branded as Christmas Charts, as has been this way as it been going for many decades.

But As Media, TV and Radio is always A Week Early for broadcast as the sales, streams and units is always before the 1st Day Of Christmas (Than At Christmas) this is the most misleading charts, but special, and traditional at the same time, just because of the week ending systems, it hasn't really sparked as a big way, of taking it complained board or further action required.

For Example the Branded Christmas charts should take in count of sales, units and streams at Christmas Day at least or the week of, or always be broadcasted & branded After Christmas Day to the new year, So in 2021, is From 31st December weekly edition is Christmas Week data from 24th to 30th December, Vs Media Edition Branded 24/25th December from 17th to 23rd December Data only.
oh right ok
Original post by Obolinda
oh right ok

Yeah it true, why say its Christmas charts, when the sales, streams & unit doesn't contain any Christmas data or even 1st Day of Christmas the 25th December ? it too true, why before data, UK Should drop the branded Christmas Charts. and just be honest as say this is "Run-Up To Christmas Data" so the following weekly unbranded is more accurate by a mile.
Any specific reason you’re spamming this “fact” all day every day?
Original post by GabiAbi84
Any specific reason you’re spamming this “fact” all day every day?

well, it indeed, true information, i think UK needs to be aware that there is a very misleading charts here, as im sure a large amount of people think that the charts includes Christmas week data, sales and unit but it the follow week that counts for Christmas the one that unbranded.
Original post by torbaybrenton
well, it indeed, true information, i think UK needs to be aware that there is a very misleading charts here, as im sure a large amount of people think that the charts includes Christmas week data, sales and unit but it the follow week that counts for Christmas the one that unbranded.

I asked you a question….are you just a bot that can’t understand replies?
I asked you a question….are you just a bot that can’t understand replies?

Some people are just really, really, really interested in the music charts.

Omg!! Same patter for 3 years! Wow!!
Omg!! Same patter for 3 years! Wow!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by Admit-One
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it may be the same pattern but least my facts are real, as radio and TV coverage is very misleading a week early and not a Christmas week data charts. it will come out one day and you will be shocked and say he right,
it may be the same pattern but least my facts are real, as radio and TV coverage is very misleading a week early and not a Christmas week data charts. it will come out one day and you will be shocked and say he right,

I won’t be shocked in the slightest because I’ve read more than one of your threads on the topic. If it ‘comes out’ I will say “who cares?”

Have you considered that this isn’t a big secret and most people don’t care when the Xmas chart data is collated?
Original post by Admit-One
I won’t be shocked in the slightest because I’ve read more than one of your threads on the topic. If it ‘comes out’ I will say “who cares?”

Have you considered that this isn’t a big secret and most people don’t care when the Xmas chart data is collated?

I think its a massive secret to lots, as music industry and charts presenters may have hidden this fact or truth and brainwashed public to believe this is the Christmas data, and i disagree of course we care about charts, and if done in the right way for Christmas, it would finish off the year in style, but the media, radio 1 and Top Of The Pops remains and always will be early, as many people, youth and even adults believe this is the only one based at Christmas or over Christmas data but its early. and there is the next weekly and its Christmas
I think its a massive secret to lots, as music industry and charts presenters may have hidden this fact or truth and brainwashed public to believe this is the Christmas data, and i disagree of course we care about charts, and if done in the right way for Christmas, it would finish off the year in style, but the media, radio 1 and Top Of The Pops remains and always will be early, as many people, youth and even adults believe this is the only one based at Christmas or over Christmas data but its early. and there is the next weekly and its Christmas

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg
Yeah too true! UK Christmas Charts is always a week early, 31st December Weekly is accurate more than 24th December, your sales and unit matter at christmas than due for christmas media or before Christmas Day.

Quick Reply

Latest