The Student Room Group

TSR question

I’m new here. what does PROSM means?
Please rate some other members
It means 'please rate some other members', which means that the user has tried to rep a particular member too many times (there is a limit), so they have to rep other members before repping said user again.

Rep means clicking the thumbs up button on each post.
(edited 2 years ago)
Did you really need to go anonymous for that?
Original post by Son of the Sea
Did you really need to go anonymous for that?

They might not know what that means either lol
Original post by rosy_posy
They might not know what that means either lol

Well they deliberately posted as anonymous so I hope they would (!)
Reply 7
Original post by rosy_posy
It means 'please rate some other members', which means that the user has tried to rep a particular member too many times (there is a limit), so they have to rep other members before repping said user again.

Rep means clicking the thumbs up button on each post.

on the same thread or multiple threads? It’s weird because when I wanted to rep someone for the first time in a thread it didn’t allow me.
Original post by Anonymous
on the same thread or multiple threads? It’s weird because when I wanted to rep someone for the first time in a thread it didn’t allow me.

The whole site.

Please don't misuse the anonymous function, it isn't for "because I feel like it".
Reply 9
Original post by Dupe Hunter
The whole site.

Please don't misuse the anonymous function, it isn't for "because I feel like it".

saying please won’t stop me from doing that lol. but I still don’t understand it. that’s exactly why I’m anonymous I knew I would take forever until I get it.

I have another question. why people on tsr when they notice a prosm they quickly quote it and say it? Like what’s the point?
saying please won’t stop me from doing that lol.

Saying please was just a platitude, there is already a report lodged against this thread done by someone other than me.

I won't be helping you any further.
Original post by Dupe Hunter
Saying please was just a platitude, there is already a report lodged against this thread done by someone other than me.

I won't be helping you any further.

do you really expect me to understand this again as a new user? what report my dude?

I wasn’t asking you specifically. thank you.
You have to have repped a certain amount of other users before you can rep a user again :smile:
Also the anonymous function is only supposed to be used for potentially sensitive topics, not just for general use! :ta:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by flaurie
You have to have repped a certain amount of other users before you can rep a user again :smile:
Also the anonymous function is only supposed to be used for potentially sensitive topics, not just for general use! :ta:

okay I get it thanks!!!!
okay I get it thanks!!!!

no probs, have a good evening!
Reply 15
saying please won’t stop me from doing that lol. but I still don’t understand it. that’s exactly why I’m anonymous I knew I would take forever until I get it.

I have another question. why people on tsr when they notice a prosm they quickly quote it and say it? Like what’s the point?

just to let you know the anonymous feature is only to be used for personal or sensitive issue and if you use it outside of that it's known as 'misuse of anonymous' and against community rules. you can receive cards for it and/or potentially get banned if you do it often enough.

you can read about the rules here if you like :smile: Anonymous is the fifth last subheadings

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=tsr_cat#faq_site_rules_and_guidelines_detailed

i don't really understand your question about PRSOM tho. why do people say it? just to show their appreciation (they probably agree with whatever was said or just to show acknowledgment maybe) when they can't rep your post.

The rule applies across forums. Say you repped x member in the Chat forum, you couldn't rep them again in any other thread until you had repped other members after them.

It lets the user know that you agree/appreciate their comment, but cannot rep them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending