The Student Room Group

Living with parents

I came back home to do online remote masters degree. Finished it now, looking for work which I can relocate and leave home/hometown. Bit confused about career path, currently still going to interviews but haven't gotten anything yet. My depression is getting worse and I can barely get out of bed/out of house many days everything just feels pointless, and i don't have any friends. My area is poorly connected and I don't have a car or much money left in my savings. I hate being at home and want to move out asap but worried a job in a bigger city again will be so stressful that I can't cope (happened before). But taking on a local job means still at home and feeling like a failure. Not sure which one to go for, waiting endlessly not knowing what's gonna happen is taking over my life.
Hey calm down okay... One thing I tell myself is to calm down. I know that isn't much but try to think positive, try hard. I know what I said there isn't much again and many other people would say the same but the best thing you can ever do in your life is to keep living and staying strong! Also you're not alone and there are many other people out there that feels hopeless as well. Just try your hardest to keep living till the very end! Also ask for help if you need it with your family and your friends.
Original post by Anonymous
I came back home to do online remote masters degree. Finished it now, looking for work which I can relocate and leave home/hometown. Bit confused about career path, currently still going to interviews but haven't gotten anything yet. My depression is getting worse and I can barely get out of bed/out of house many days everything just feels pointless, and i don't have any friends. My area is poorly connected and I don't have a car or much money left in my savings. I hate being at home and want to move out asap but worried a job in a bigger city again will be so stressful that I can't cope (happened before). But taking on a local job means still at home and feeling like a failure. Not sure which one to go for, waiting endlessly not knowing what's gonna happen is taking over my life.

How old are you?
Reply 3
How old are you?

Almost 25
Almost 25

Dont worry you are young. You can maybe find a part time temporary job and you can always hire a car whenever you need one, I think it's pretty cheap, I can check for you, if its too expensive ask if you can borrow your parents car. If you need someone to talk to let me know
Reply 5
Dont worry you are young. You can maybe find a part time temporary job and you can always hire a car whenever you need one, I think it's pretty cheap, I can check for you, if its too expensive ask if you can borrow your parents car. If you need someone to talk to let me know

To be honest I don't even have my proper license which is another embarrassing thing. I stopped taking classes cause I couldn't afford it and then was living in a city where i didn't need to drive. Thanks though
To be honest I don't even have my proper license which is another embarrassing thing. I stopped taking classes cause I couldn't afford it and then was living in a city where i didn't need to drive. Thanks though

It's not embarrassing, you can always learn when you get a job and atleast youve has lessons. It's cool. Good luck as well
Reply 7
It's not embarrassing, you can always learn when you get a job and atleast youve has lessons. It's cool. Good luck as well

Thank you yeah that’s the plan
Thank you yeah that’s the plan

Its cool.

it's depressing constantly applying to jobs and getting rejected/going to interviews
but you'll find that right job eventually
i kept applying but eventually got a job, the right one will come at the right time
think of the unsuccessful ones as probably jobs that weren't meant to be eg bad environment, environment u dont fit in
it's depressing constantly applying to jobs and getting rejected/going to interviews
but you'll find that right job eventually
i kept applying but eventually got a job, the right one will come at the right time
think of the unsuccessful ones as probably jobs that weren't meant to be eg bad environment, environment u dont fit in

Thank you i'm glad you found the right position, can I ask how long you were jobseeking for?
Thank you i'm glad you found the right position, can I ask how long you were jobseeking for?

I think first time around was about 2 months, second time around was about 3-4 months so that was the average for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest