The Student Room Group

Why do teachers keep the whole class behind because of one person?

In English yesterday this one kid kept messing around and because of him we all lost are lunch because he kept messing around. If it had been more then one person I get it but it wasn't why do they do this?
Because they are irritating
Idk maybe to discourage the student from doing it again and he realises his behaviour is affecting others so he would be less likely to act like fool cuz no one appreciates it.
Original post by Anonymous
In English yesterday this one kid kept messing around and because of him we all lost are lunch because he kept messing around. If it had been more then one person I get it but it wasn't why do they do this?

Because your teacher has some really bad classroom management skills and doesn't realise that all this does is alienate the rest of class.

Is your teacher an NQT or something?
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Because your teacher has some really bad classroom management skills and doesn't realise that all this does is alienate the rest of class.

Is your teacher an NQT or something?

No they have are fairly have been there since I was in year 7.
No they have are fairly have been there since I was in year 7.

I agree with @Reality Check - it's not allowed in my school.
So that you guys will get mad at him and tell him to stop.

Or they simply thought more people were involved.
Because they are failures, if the Geneva Convention bans something then it certainly shouldn't be used in school.
(edited 2 years ago)
istg i’d always get so heated when the teacher would do this, like 🤨🤨🤨 im so glad it doesn’t happen in college anymore
Reply 9
In the hope that the person messing about will wise up because of the social pressure put on him by the others in the room

I've never liked it and don't do it.

Why couldn’t the teacher let the others go and then give the misbehaving student detention?
...yep, and it involves turning a blind eye when the individual in question gets abused by the group later :/
Original post by StriderHort
...yep, and it involves turning a blind eye when the individual in question gets abused by the group later :/

It’s a very cruel way to sort the problem out and comes down to the incompetence of the teacher who will never get called out on this
Original post by Oxford Mum
It’s a very cruel way to sort the problem out and comes down to the incompetence of the teacher who will never get called out on this

Luckily I never faced it, I lived in a smallish town where everyone knew where people lived, a teacher trying such solutions would have parents at their house door if they were lucky, or their windows and car done if they weren't. (I'm not in favour of violence against teachers, but I'm a firm believer in consequences for abuses of power)
Reply 14
I used to just walk out, safe on the knowledge yhat my Ma or Da would sort out any backlash

I was hard faced in some quite subtle ways, really
Reply 15
The teacher did this a few times at my daughter's primary school. Sad for the kids as they loved the playground break and needed it.

A very experienced primary school teacher also tried saying that they could go to the toilet with permission in lessons but would be given negative points. A record of the points was maintained. I can't recall specifically how the negative points worked but they were a bad thing to be given if you were a child at that primary school. I did call the school out on that one, for a number of reasons.:ashamed2::naughty:
(edited 2 years ago)
They only really did that in primary and secondary school. The whole class would eventually get annoyed and tell the person messing about to stop.
In college/sixth form you just get told to leave the class, get warnings and if you still don’t listen they kick you out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending