The Student Room Group

2021/22 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anya_94
Correct! That's for the VRT :smile:

For a peace of mind confirm this with recruitment but now its a matter of waiting for available dates for the bolt on! Well done!

Hey Anya 😊😊 I already passed the VRT, I got this a day after I attended my Detective Bolt On Assessment
Reply 61
Original post by Submarine94
Hey Anya 😊😊 I already passed the VRT, I got this a day after I attended my Detective Bolt On Assessment

Oh that is curious. I would assume it might be the same but perhaps give it a week or so and then call them up if nothing changes to confirm. It might be the case again of waiting for them to contact you to book the medical and fitness. Good luck for next steps and well done for passing so far, you must be thrilled!
Original post by Anya_94
Oh that is curious. I would assume it might be the same but perhaps give it a week or so and then call them up if nothing changes to confirm. It might be the case again of waiting for them to contact you to book the medical and fitness. Good luck for next steps and well done for passing so far, you must be thrilled!

Oh okay, yeah if I don't hear anything for a while, I'll probably call them up. Yes I'm thrilled to have gotten this far but will be absolutely gutted if I find out I haven't passed the detective bolt on assessment! ☹️ Have you had your detective bolt on assessment yet?
Reply 63
Oh okay, yeah if I don't hear anything for a while, I'll probably call them up. Yes I'm thrilled to have gotten this far but will be absolutely gutted if I find out I haven't passed the detective bolt on assessment! ☹️ Have you had your detective bolt on assessment yet?

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Keep positive 😊

Out of curiosity, how long was and how many different things you needed to do for the half day assessment?

I am still waiting for them to contact me with available dates to book. 3 weeks have passed now so I am hoping to hear something soon.
My main concern at this stage is having to do the fitness test during winter. I am doing it already every year and once it was so so freezing outside and was pretty hard to get comfortable! 😆
Original post by Anya_94

Out of curiosity, how long was and how many different things you needed to do for the half day assessment?

I am still waiting for them to contact me with available dates to book. 3 weeks have passed now so I am hoping to hear something soon.
My main concern at this stage is having to do the fitness test during winter. I am doing it already every year and once it was so so freezing outside and was pretty hard to get comfortable! 😆

Thank you! 🥰

The detective bolt on was about 3 hours long in total, and there were two exercises we had to do, one was written and one was verbal. I can't say more than that unfortunately because they asked us to keep this stuff confidential to make the recruitment process fair. But when you book your detective bolt on, you will get an email and it will tell you how to prepare and what you will be assessed on.

Haha omg yes that would be dreadful! 😆 Are you in the police already? Or prison service? (I hope you don't mind me asking)
Reply 65
Thank you! 🥰

The detective bolt on was about 3 hours long in total, and there were two exercises we had to do, one was written and one was verbal. I can't say more than that unfortunately because they asked us to keep this stuff confidential to make the recruitment process fair. But when you book your detective bolt on, you will get an email and it will tell you how to prepare and what you will be assessed on.

Haha omg yes that would be dreadful! 😆 Are you in the police already? Or prison service? (I hope you don't mind me asking)

Oh I know all about the confidentiality of Information hence why my questions are limited and waiting for official material being released when the time comes. I am not too worried about the bolt on to be honest so my calmness is still intact for now 😊

And sure! I am in the police already, forensics and front line as a special Sergeant. My life evolves around policing basically!
(edited 2 years ago)
*UPDATE*

Okay guys so I'm thrilled to find out I passed my detective bolt on assessment!! My portal hasn't updated to this yet, it just says ""Your application is currently being reviewed, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process." So I contacted recruitment and they confirmed that this does indeed mean I passed. So if it says this on your portal, it's very likely that you passed, even if you haven't received a formal "congratulations!" Update/email yet ☺️☺️ now just waiting for the dates for stage 2 which is the medical and fitness 💪🏼😂
Original post by Anya_94
Oh I know all about the confidentiality of Information hence why my questions are limited and waiting for official material being released when the time comes. I am not too worried about the bolt on to be honest so my calmness is still intact for now 😊

And sure! I am in the police already, forensics and front line as a special Sergeant. My life evolves around policing basically!

This was actually my second time doing the bolt on assessment 😂😂 I failed the first time 🙈 so I'm thrilled to have found out that I passed this time!

Oh wow that sounds very interesting, I love how in the police there are so many different roles and they all sound very interesting too 🤩 definitely not a boring job 😂
Reply 68
This was actually my second time doing the bolt on assessment 😂😂 I failed the first time 🙈 so I'm thrilled to have found out that I passed this time!

Oh wow that sounds very interesting, I love how in the police there are so many different roles and they all sound very interesting too 🤩 definitely not a boring job 😂

Oh bless you, how exciting! Well done for passing that is a fantastic news :smile:

Policing is definitely a field that keeps you on your toes, every day is different and you need a lot of relisience and patience (as well as some real thick skin when dealing with some individuals and being able to take crap...sometimes LITERALLY!)
I am enjoying the uniform too and I am proud of what I do; being a detective can be even more challenging that being a PC at times, but I owe to myself trying and see for myself as this is my vocation so let's see what is coming next!
Reply 69
Am I the only one still waiting for the OAC haha
*UPDATE*

Okay guys so I'm thrilled to find out I passed my detective bolt on assessment!! My portal hasn't updated to this yet, it just says ""Your application is currently being reviewed, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process." So I contacted recruitment and they confirmed that this does indeed mean I passed. So if it says this on your portal, it's very likely that you passed, even if you haven't received a formal "congratulations!" Update/email yet ☺️☺️ now just waiting for the dates for stage 2 which is the medical and fitness 💪🏼😂

Well done! I had the exact same and it has now been updated to show dates for the medical/fitness test!
Original post by Seager95
Well done! I had the exact same and it has now been updated to show dates for the medical/fitness test!

Congratulations to you too! 🥳 Mine has also been updated this morning to show the dates for the medical/fitness ☺️
Original post by Anya_94

My most recent fitness tests have been inside. I have completed one outside last year and that was optional whether you wore a covid mask or not, but it definitely made it more bearable because the air was slightly warmer then.
Same here I'm still waiting
I did my OAC 2 weeks ago anyone know a time frame for when results come out and how to check? And anyone have advice about the VRT quite nervous about it
Original post by Kevin Molokwu
I did my OAC 2 weeks ago anyone know a time frame for when results come out and how to check? And anyone have advice about the VRT quite nervous about it

Hey, it should be on your applicant portal. If it's been a while, I'd advise you to call recruitment or speak to them on online chat, they're very helpful.
Hey, it should be on your applicant portal. If it's been a while, I'd advise you to call recruitment or speak to them on online chat, they're very helpful.

Thank you!
Hey Guys,

I have completed my Bolt on Assessment, just waiting for my results.......

Good luck to everyone else!

I cannot find the live chat link or remember how I got onto it last time to chat to recruitment....any ideas?
What day do they invite you to the detective bolt on assessment ? Because I’m working full time
Original post by brandon1596
What day do they invite you to the detective bolt on assessment ? Because I’m working full time

Hey, they give you a list of dates to choose from ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending