The Student Room Group

medicine as a refugee

Hiya, so, I came to UK less than three years back as a refugee due to persecution by Taliban. I struggled a lot learning a new language, leaving friends and family and settling in a whole new system. Everything was really hard. I missed a lot of GCSE content and it was a struggle to catch up with something in a language you don't know even know how to speak. BUT, after a lot of breakdowns, fighting with bullies and failures and anxiety, I managed to get average GCSEs. I am in year 13 and have sent my UCAS application for medicine. I just wanted to ask do I have any chance getting into medicine as I do not have much knowledge about how the unis work so, i want some help from you guys as I am really stressed.
UCAT
605 band 3 (messed up)
GCSEs
English language: 6
English literature: 7
Maths: 6
Religion studies: 8
IT: Pass at level 2
Double science: 88
History: 7
A levels predicted AAA physics chem bio
Uni I applied for:
Leicester Medicine with foundation year
Nottingham Medicine with foundation year
Kent and Medway A100
Plymouth A100
Persecution due to Taliban?… Unrelated to post but the Taliban had no authority 3 years ago unless your from Qundus, even then that was simply fighting not persecution.
Original post by stressedfingers
Persecution due to Taliban?… Unrelated to post but the Taliban had no authority 3 years ago unless your from Qundus, even then that was simply fighting not persecution.

Well it happened to us there are so many areas where even if they do not have authority they killed people including my own relatives
The links on that thread come up as "PAGE NOT FOUND" for me for some reason.
Yes I see the thread, but you know how it talks about GCSE entry requirement and a link next to it. That one doesn't work
Reply 5
I get the blame for everything! It was BTN who broke the internet!
Original post by davidwythe
Salam khoree, taso pa Pashto zhaba pohegay? Cherta osegay? Ke ma taso madad kawalay shay, bya ma ta owaya. Umeed laram che zma Pashto sahi da. Da khuday pa aman.

Polite reminder to avoid posting in languages other than English unless you also provide a translation, (aside from in the Foreign Languages forums or the International Lounge).
The taliban have been persecuting for years upon years
Sorry, I didn’t remember reading that I couldn’t post in a foreign language but that’s fine. I said:

“Hello sister, do you speak Pashto? Where do you live? If I can help you then ask me. Hope my Pashto is okay. God go in front of you”

I’m have a basic level of Pashto and don’t practice that much hence why it sounds a bit weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending