The Student Room Group

The line between a fetish and a preference

If someone says they only want a Korean boyfriend, only date and have sex with men from South Korea because they like K-pop, K-dramas and foods like Tteokbokki, Japchae, Kimbap, is that a fetish or a preference?
if it's ONLY with Korean men and Korea in general, and they don't want to do anything with anyone else then I'd say it's a fetish
Reply 2
Fetish - a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.

So by that definition, an attraction to Koreans would be a preference.
Reply 3
Original post by Joel 96
Fetish - a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.

But I want to add that the terms are used pretty much interchangeably now. A fetish used to mean that you couldn't achieve sexual gratification without the object or thing being present. In present day, people say "fetish" when describing a preference for something, mostly taboo, but not always.
Reply 4
Original post by heart2you
if it's ONLY with Korean men and Korea in general, and they don't want to do anything with anyone else then I'd say it's a fetish

What if someone also learned the Korean language so they could get a Korean boyfriend? Is that a fetish or a preference?
Reply 5
Original post by Joel 96

Thanks for the constructive answer.
Do you have a race fetish?
Original post by Anonymous
If someone says they only want a Korean boyfriend, only date and have sex with men from South Korea because they like K-pop, K-dramas and foods like Tteokbokki, Japchae, Kimbap, is that a fetish or a preference?

Original post by Joel 96

Based on the above, I would describe a race fetish when:-

1) You ONLY go for said race; you are unwilling to consider anyone else under any circumstances
2) Their race is the only thing you care about (e.g. no consideration given to looks, personality, status etc.)

Original post by Joel 96
But I want to add that the terms are used pretty much interchangeably now. A fetish used to mean that you couldn't achieve sexual gratification without the object or thing being present. In present day, people say "fetish" when describing a preference for something, mostly taboo, but not always.

Agreed... a lot of people call their "kinks" fetishes; when strictly speaking, it's not the case (although I don't think it's as bad when people call a race fetish as a "preference"
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

that would be a preference a fetish is different for instance if you like feet they turn you on you wan to suck them or whatever that would be fetish it’s like I like orential girls it’s s preference a fetish would be if I liked say a girl drenched in sweat do you see a preference is a race or body type a fetish is an attribute of a body.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending