The Student Room Group

Interviewers not replying

I've been for two interviews and done a quite lengthy task for them to prove my abilities. They were looking for an asap start and were replying to me promptly. Lats update is it was between me and only a couple of others but it's been over a week since I sent them that task. I saw the job re-listed somewhere else last week. I'm thinking I didn't get it but mad that i spent a lot of time on them and over 100 quid on trains to get to the interviews when I'm unemployed and broke. They were good with communication so i doubt they're ghosting me but why won't they get back to me suddenly?
Reply 1
Contact them; if you were unsuccessful you can ask for feedback.
Normally if you get to an interview stage which takes place in person they should cover your transport costs ( as long as you have receipts)
Reply 3
Original post by Nobody2u
Normally if you get to an interview stage which takes place in person they should cover your transport costs ( as long as you have receipts)

Really cause someone mentioned this to me but I had never heard of it. Is it reasonable for me to ask them to cover it if they reject me? It ended up at over 100k because there was a mix up at the train ticket app (but wasn’t my fault..)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Really cause someone mentioned this to me but I had never heard of it. Is it reasonable for me to ask them to cover it if they reject me? It ended up at over 100k because there was a mix up at the train ticket app (but wasn’t my fault..)

Not 100k lol 100 quid
Original post by Anonymous

If they said beforehand they will refund then you can claim back but not all places do this
If they have reopened the advertisement it could be that a) they want to recruit more people ; b) you were unsuccessful or c) all were unsuccessful
Reply 6
Original post by WazzWazz98
If they said beforehand they will refund then you can claim back but not all places do this
If they have reopened the advertisement it could be that a) they want to recruit more people ; b) you were unsuccessful or c) all were unsuccessful

They didn't mention it no, they only thanked me for traveling far for the interview.
Two people told me to ask for reimbursement, i feel it's not appropriate/they don't do it but I'm quite annoyed about my money when I didn't get an offer.

I think it's C all were unsuccessful, as during interview they told me I had a background that the other applicants were lacking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending