The Student Room Group

Continue with Scottish Higher Maths?

So right now, I'm taking higher maths at we have just finished block one and our test is in 2 weeks. I have always disliked maths and have been TERRIBLE at it, but I was always scared I may need it because I don't know what I want to do when I leave school. I got a C in N5 but my teachers and I decided I should take it just in case, and possibly do it over 2 years. BUT I hate it. I have no idea what I'm doing in class and there is so much even just in block one I don't understand, never mind being off with covid for 2 weeks, which didn't help. I'm now faced with the idea of going back to get an A in N5 maths or keep going with higher. Opinions?
Original post by Rosie_Brogan15
So right now, I'm taking higher maths at we have just finished block one and our test is in 2 weeks. I have always disliked maths and have been TERRIBLE at it, but I was always scared I may need it because I don't know what I want to do when I leave school. I got a C in N5 but my teachers and I decided I should take it just in case, and possibly do it over 2 years. BUT I hate it. I have no idea what I'm doing in class and there is so much even just in block one I don't understand, never mind being off with covid for 2 weeks, which didn't help. I'm now faced with the idea of going back to get an A in N5 maths or keep going with higher. Opinions?

If I may ask what level of Maths is this? GCSE, A-level? Or something else?
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
If I may ask what level of Maths is this? GCSE, A-level? Or something else?

it is Scottish so national 5 is GCSE and Highers are A level
yes stay with higher maths, as if you do foundation then the highest grade you can get is a 5!
I have moved the Thread to the Maths section, hopefully you find some more answers soon :smile:
Best of luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Mahir78932
yes stay with higher maths, as if you do foundation then the highest grade you can get is a 5!

Higher in this case means Scottish Highers - A Levels for the rest of the UK :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest