The Student Room Group

Landlord won't let me use heating in my studio flat

Hi everyone.
What do I do my landlord won't let me use the heating in my studio flat I asked them to turn it on they did and now they've turned if off again I'm cold at night and I'm not getting anywhere! I really feel trapped in a contract that I was told as all bills included....
Reply 1
Original post by Elizabeth00
Hi everyone.
What do I do my landlord won't let me use the heating in my studio flat I asked them to turn it on they did and now they've turned if off again I'm cold at night and I'm not getting anywhere! I really feel trapped in a contract that I was told as all bills included....

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/renting-privately/during-your-tenancy/complaining-about-your-landlord/
Hi everyone.

Do you not have your own heating controls within your studio?
Has your landlord provided you with any reason?
For example a broken boiler or gas safety fears.
Does your tenancy agreement prohibit the use of portable electric heaters?

UK landlords are responsible for providing their tenants with access to a reliable source of heating in every accupied room of the rental property, along with access to electricity and hot water.
When the temperature drops below minus 1°C, any rooms designated as bedrooms should have the facilities to be heated to a minimum of 18°C whilst any living rooms should be able to be heated to at least 21°C.
Reply 4
Probably doesn't want you putting the bills up even though he shouldn't be restricting you.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Do you not have your own heating controls within your studio?

😂

Op’s in like a fish tank
Reply 6
After several heated phone calls they has agreed to turn the thermostat up in the main building, basically my letting agent a popular flavour of milkshake operates in a West Yorkshire university area and they do all kind of things I could write a thread how do I get people not to make my same mistake
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
buy a mini heater
Reply 8
Original post by betway6
buy a mini heater

Yes just got one on order
Yes just got one on order

I had this issue last year and then bought 2 electric heaters in anger and blasted them on 24/7 up to the point I was literally sweating indoors in peak winter - Jan/Feb.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending