The Student Room Group

Official Dental Hygiene & Therapy 2022 Applicant Thread

Welcome to the DHT 2022 entry thread where you can discuss all things dental hygiene and therapy.

You can use the framework below to introduce yourselves and discuss stats:

What universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
Other qualifications (if applicable):
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Good luck with your applications :smile:

Just some general TSR rules (which you can find in the community guidelines) to take note of:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Scroll to see replies

Hii I am thinking of applying to

Kings college
Queen Mary
London south bank
Portsmouth
Manchester

Currently in year 13 doing my alevels
Original post by tyna2003
Hey I'm going to applying this year. What unis is everyone thinking?

Hi! I’m a dental nurse with four years experience and enrolled on an access to HE in biology physics and psychology. Also have A-levels but they’re not in relevant subjects to DH. I’m going to apply to:
Essex
KCL
London South bank!

Currently writing my personal statement if anyone has any tips!
Finally!!!
I’ve been waiting for this thread!
Hopefully this is my year!
Reply 4
Finished a levels last year on a gap year currently will be applying this year thinking of:

Newcastle
Leeds
Bristol
kings
london south bank
I was wondering whether anyone had advice regarding admissions. I applied last year made it through to every interview, but I was unsuccessful afterwards. Does this mean my personal statement was okay? Meaning I can leave it the same this year? Also does this show that I’m better on paper than in person?
I’d appreciate any advice x
Reply 6
I am a dental nurse of 8 years with one post qualification.
Completed my Access to Health Profession course with 33 distinction however no GCSEs or A levels
I have applied to-
Queen Mary
London south bank
Newcastle
Essex
Teeside
I am currently on first year doing Adult Nursing however I have realised its not for me and want to do hygiene instead, will this give me less chance?
Hey I’m predicted A*BB but also meet the typical access requirements at Leeds BBC. ive applied to Leeds. My personal statement is on dentistry do I still have a chance ?
I applied with A*BB AT LEEDS for dental hygiene and therapy with a dentistry personal statement . Do I have a chance.
Reply 9
Original post by Dinaadimi
I applied with A*BB AT LEEDS for dental hygiene and therapy with a dentistry personal statement . Do I have a chance.

i dont see why u wouldnt its the same subject on the whole. I havent actually started to write mine just yet....
Reply 10
Finished a levels last year on a gap year currently will be applying this year thinking of:

Newcastle
Leeds
Bristol
kings
london south bank

I'm applying to the same as yours apart from London South Bank!
Reply 11
Exact same position as you, what grades are you applying with? The spaces r so limited so worried 😫
Original post by sea2
Exact same position as you, what grades are you applying with? The spaces r so limited so worried 😫

OMG samee! Plus my predicted grades are ABC and most unis need ABB so im kind of stuck. Especially since i dont have work experience
Original post by becky1240
OMG samee! Plus my predicted grades are ABC and most unis need ABB so im kind of stuck. Especially since i dont have work experience

there is quite a few with BBB or even BBC
Reply 14
Has anyone received any interview offers yet?
Original post by schakir
Has anyone received any interview offers yet?

oh gosh i havent even applied yet.... i'm pretty sure they dont give out interview offers until after the closing date 26th jan
Reply 16
oh gosh i havent even applied yet.... i'm pretty sure they dont give out interview offers until after the closing date 26th jan

Teeside have invitee me to an interview next week! I feel so unprepared ! My first choice is Essex i really hope i hear back soon
Reply 17
Original post by schakir
I am a dental nurse of 8 years with one post qualification.
Completed my Access to Health Profession course with 33 distinction however no GCSEs or A levels
I have applied to-
Queen Mary
London south bank
Newcastle
Essex
Teeside
I am currently on first year doing Adult Nursing however I have realised its not for me and want to do hygiene instead, will this give me less chance?

I’m currently doing an access course but worried about getting 30 distinctions was it hard to get 33 ?
Reply 18
Original post by fatoumata15
I’m currently doing an access course but worried about getting 30 distinctions was it hard to get 33 ?

It wasn’t easy! But defiantly doable! I got a merit for my research project and one of the biology unit! Otherwise it would of been 45 distinctions :/
Reply 19
Original post by Dentaldreams
I was wondering whether anyone had advice regarding admissions. I applied last year made it through to every interview, but I was unsuccessful afterwards. Does this mean my personal statement was okay? Meaning I can leave it the same this year? Also does this show that I’m better on paper than in person?
I’d appreciate any advice x

Regarding your personal statement what did u include ? Eg extracurricular or volunteering

Latest