The Student Room Group

Applying to UK universities

I plan on applying to UK universities. The problem is I am currently sitting my exams OCt Nov session and result comes out in January. In case i dont meet the requirements would Universities allow me to resit/improve my grades in the May June series ?
Reply 1
Original post by IQAChaan
I plan on applying to UK universities. The problem is I am currently sitting my exams OCt Nov session and result comes out in January. In case i dont meet the requirements would Universities allow me to resit/improve my grades in the May June series ?

Anyone??

I would recommend that you apply with both the winter and summer sitting of the exams listed. That way it’s clear that you plan to resit if need be. You can always contact ucas and your universities to let them know that you have changed your mind and cancelled the summer exams if you get the grades you want (but if you don’t mention the summer exams when you apply and then want to add them later it’s possible that some universities would be unhappy about it).
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
I would recommend that you apply with both the winter and summer sitting of the exams listed. That way it’s clear that you plan to resit if need be. You can always contact ucas and your universities to let them know that you have changed your mind and cancelled the summer exams if you get the grades you want (but if you don’t mention the summer exams when you apply and then want to add them later it’s possible that some universities would be unhappy about it).

How can I pre plan that? I mean hopefully I can get the required grades but in case I dont get them resting them is an after thought. My result comes outnin first two weeks of January where as most of the university have their application deadline by 30 January. How can i communicate that to them?
How can I pre plan that? I mean hopefully I can get the required grades but in case I dont get them resting them is an after thought. My result comes outnin first two weeks of January where as most of the university have their application deadline by 30 January. How can i communicate that to them?

Add a set of exams pending in January and a second set of exams pending in August.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Add a set of exams pending in January and a second set of exams pending in August.

Thank you!! Will do that!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending