The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Foundation to health and veterinary studies 2022

Hi! I'm currently applying for the Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies ( Veterinary pathway ) and was wondering if anyone else was applying for the 2022 entry? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sineadmurphhyy
Hi! I'm currently applying for the Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies ( Veterinary pathway ) and was wondering if anyone else was applying for the 2022 entry? :smile:

Hi there!

Glad to hear you are considering studying at the University of Liverpool, great choice!

There is a very active thread already on TSR which might be useful for you: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6783398&page=7

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Hi

I will also be applying to the Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Dentistry) for entry of 2022.

How are you finding the process so far?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mo289
Hi

I will also be applying to the Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Dentistry) for entry of 2022.

Hi there!

As I said to the poster above, if you haven't already, I'd recommend posting in this thread on TSR too: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6783398&page=7

There's lots of post in there that might be relevant to you too :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by Mo289
Hi

Hi! I've almost completed my application, I'm just struggling with finishing off/cutting down my personal statement. I joined the virtual open day last week for the foundation course which I found really helpful! How are you finding it?
Reply 5
I'm early stages as I only came across this programme a couple of weeks ago, didn't know it existed, although in terms of my ucas application I only have the personal statement to go. I'm awaiting confirmation on whether I am eligible as I have previously studied a levels (long time ago) and have completed a degree. The only thing I'm struggling with at the moment is trying to get relevant work experience as most dental practices aren't taking on at the moment due to covid regulations.
Reply 6
Original post by Mo289
I'm early stages as I only came across this programme a couple of weeks ago, didn't know it existed, although in terms of my ucas application I only have the personal statement to go. I'm awaiting confirmation on whether I am eligible as I have previously studied a levels (long time ago) and have completed a degree. The only thing I'm struggling with at the moment is trying to get relevant work experience as most dental practices aren't taking on at the moment due to covid regulations.

Hey, I'm really glad I came across your comment lol - I've been looking at this course for over a year now lol but I am still in the beginning stages of applying. I already completed a degree three years ago and I am currently teaching haha completely different but yea Im in the same boat as you - finding it really hard to get the experience due to covid - have you had anymore developments on this? I've completed a few free courses online - discovery dentistry etc if that helps you in anyway to look into it but yea - any developments on your end?
Reply 7
Original post by Lava11
Hey, I'm really glad I came across your comment lol - I've been looking at this course for over a year now lol but I am still in the beginning stages of applying. I already completed a degree three years ago and I am currently teaching haha completely different but yea Im in the same boat as you - finding it really hard to get the experience due to covid - have you had anymore developments on this? I've completed a few free courses online - discovery dentistry etc if that helps you in anyway to look into it but yea - any developments on your end?

I'm pretty much doing the same thing as you in regards to trying to get experience, couple of online courses. Struggling to find a practice that can provide some sort of experience due to Covid and GDPR, which is something I've been told about recently. I have previously done 3 weeks in a practice but that was in 2013, don't know if that would have any weighting in my application. I do have a couple of friends who are dentists and are trying to see if they can arrange a day or two but it is a long shot. I wouldn't worry too much about it as I think they'll be aware of the difficulty of trying to get work experience right now.

It would be helpful if anyone that applied last year could give some advice on how they got on.

I've only just got confirmation this week that I would be eligible to apply as I have A levels (didn't the get the best of results) and a degree but they have warned that it is very competitive. Just need to get on to writing my personal statement. Do you happen to know when the deadline for is this years applicants and also did you manage take part in the virtual open day?
Reply 8
Original post by Mo289
I'm pretty much doing the same thing as you in regards to trying to get experience, couple of online courses. Struggling to find a practice that can provide some sort of experience due to Covid and GDPR, which is something I've been told about recently. I have previously done 3 weeks in a practice but that was in 2013, don't know if that would have any weighting in my application. I do have a couple of friends who are dentists and are trying to see if they can arrange a day or two but it is a long shot. I wouldn't worry too much about it as I think they'll be aware of the difficulty of trying to get work experience right now.

It would be helpful if anyone that applied last year could give some advice on how they got on.

I've only just got confirmation this week that I would be eligible to apply as I have A levels (didn't the get the best of results) and a degree but they have warned that it is very competitive. Just need to get on to writing my personal statement. Do you happen to know when the deadline for is this years applicants and also did you manage take part in the virtual open day?

Hey sorry I’m just replying to this.
Yea I think as long as research and online courses are provided we should be considered?
The deadline seems to be in January, so I’m really hoping I could complete my personal statement before the end of the month - are you getting any help with your statement or are you using any examples, I don’t even know where to start :/ I didn’t get the chance to take part in the open day, did you? Have you came across any other threads that have helped you?
Reply 9
Original post by Lava11
Hey sorry I’m just replying to this.
Yea I think as long as research and online courses are provided we should be considered?
The deadline seems to be in January, so I’m really hoping I could complete my personal statement before the end of the month - are you getting any help with your statement or are you using any examples, I don’t even know where to start :/ I didn’t get the chance to take part in the open day, did you? Have you came across any other threads that have helped you?

I plan on knuckling down on completing my application from tomorrow with the aim of completing it by the end of the month, need to complete the online courses first and do some more research. I think I'm probably going to find some examples online for some inspiration and go from there, it is one of those things, hard to start but once you've got started you'll sail right through it. I wasn't able to take part in the open day but I am under the assumption that it was pre-recorded so may be able to get a copy of it from them.
Hi! Anyone that's applying for the 2022 entry, how are you doing with your personal statement? I'm applying for the veterinary science pathway and can't figure out whether to aim my personal statement at veterinary science like a usual undergrad personal statement, or write it aimed at the foundation year itself?
Reply 11
Hi! Anyone that's applying for the 2022 entry, how are you doing with your personal statement? I'm applying for the veterinary science pathway and can't figure out whether to aim my personal statement at veterinary science like a usual undergrad personal statement, or write it aimed at the foundation year itself?

Hi there did you get any replies on this one? I’m struggling too 😅😅
Reply 12
Original post by Mo289
I plan on knuckling down on completing my application from tomorrow with the aim of completing it by the end of the month, need to complete the online courses first and do some more research. I think I'm probably going to find some examples online for some inspiration and go from there, it is one of those things, hard to start but once you've got started you'll sail right through it. I wasn't able to take part in the open day but I am under the assumption that it was pre-recorded so may be able to get a copy of it from them.

Hi there, how are you getting on? I’m struggling a lot to find some decent examples, did you get any? Did you end up getting any online experience or things like that? Hope you’re well btw! 😃😃
Hey has anyone heard anything yet/know when to expect to hear back?
Reply 14
Hey has anyone heard anything yet/know when to expect to hear back?

From next Wednesday onward I would say as the deadline is then.
Original post by Mo289
From next Wednesday onward I would say as the deadline is then.

Ahh yeah I did think that! Have you submitted yours?
Reply 16
Ahh yeah I did think that! Have you submitted yours?

I'm cutting it a bit tight and will be submitting hopefully by the end of the week, just waiting on my personal statement to be checked over.
Ahh good luck! Hope it goes well :smile:
Hello,

It’s nice to see a fellow dentistry applicant on here! I’ve found it really difficult to find any threads relevant to this years application for the foundation year.

How did you get on with finishing off your personal statement and getting it submitted?

I’m so glad the application process for UCAS is now over and we just have to wait to see if we get an interview 🙂. I’m hoping sooner rather than later!

Best of luck!
Reply 19
Hi,

I was also finding it difficult to find relevant threads and the couple that were ongoing didn't seem to have much activity on them like previous years. Managed to finish the PS in time, submitted the day before deadline, but found it really difficult on deciding on what parts are more important than others.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your background?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending