The Student Room Group

What drives a man away ?

Dating this guys for 4 years I showed him nothing but love and affection my only problem is my world revolves around him and I love spending my whole day with him. He seems off he started doing things I don’t agree with, he’s starting to lie and now after 4 years he’s telling me he wants space and a break, he’s saying that I’m a burden to him. He’s blaming the whole relationship failing on me and question saying no one is prefect how can u have not done anything. But the truth is I haven’t and he just does not believe that. I know he has done things and expects me to as well but I’m not childish to play these games. What did I do so wrong in the relationship that he now wants a break ?
Original post by Anonymous
Dating this guys for 4 years I showed him nothing but love and affection my only problem is my world revolves around him and I love spending my whole day with him. He seems off he started doing things I don’t agree with, he’s starting to lie and now after 4 years he’s telling me he wants space and a break, he’s saying that I’m a burden to him. He’s blaming the whole relationship failing on me and question saying no one is prefect how can u have not done anything. But the truth is I haven’t and he just does not believe that. I know he has done things and expects me to as well but I’m not childish to play these games. What did I do so wrong in the relationship that he now wants a break ?

Sounds like a pathetic guy to me. Let him go and have his break, he does not deserve you. Find someone better. Chances are he has met someone else and this is just an excuse. Well, let her mess him about if that's what he wants.
Reply 2

maybe he just wants you to tone down spending every moment of the day with him.
you say you love doing that, and maybe he's like 'i would like to have more of my day where i can do things on my own'?

what sort of things did he start doing that you don't agree with?

what was he lying about and do you know if it's actually a lie, or the truth?
Reply 3
Ford Focus?
Reply 4
Original post by Adz2042
maybe he just wants you to tone down spending every moment of the day with him.
you say you love doing that, and maybe he's like 'i would like to have more of my day where i can do things on my own'?

what sort of things did he start doing that you don't agree with?

what was he lying about and do you know if it's actually a lie, or the truth?

He once lied to me saying he’s going to the club with his friends he instead went to a girls house and got drunk and came back 8 am in the morning, when he came back I said where was u gone I was worried instead of telling the truth he said his phone died and found his course mates. I didn’t think much of it then after realised that does not make sense and confronted him and then he told me the truth

Another time me and my friend had a argument (friend who’s a girl) instead of comforting me he comforted her

He let another girl sit on his lap and take a picture
There’s many more things
He once lied to me saying he’s going to the club with his friends he instead went to a girls house and got drunk and came back 8 am in the morning, when he came back I said where was u gone I was worried instead of telling the truth he said his phone died and found his course mates. I didn’t think much of it then after realised that does not make sense and confronted him and then he told me the truth

Another time me and my friend had a argument (friend who’s a girl) instead of comforting me he comforted her

There’s many more things

Exactly. All these accusations of clinginess are excuses to cover up for his dodgy nature. It’s not your fault. Now ditch this idiot please
He's not worth it.
Move on girlie.
Original post by Proxenus
u need to show him your tits not love

Beautiful.

There’s many more things

It is your fault. Being too emotional when you know what his nature is like, he just wants a girl to have sex with. 5 years is long enough anyway. Move on.
...my only problem is my world revolves around him and I love spending my whole day with him...

This here is your problem. This is unhealthy and will have resulted in overbearing tendencies - hence why he described you as a burden. Try and learn from this experience before entering your next relationship. Spend time with friends and discover new hobbies to occupy your time with, so you are less inclined to want to spend all of your time with your significant other.
(edited 2 years ago)

There’s many more things

There's a high chance he had sex with the girl when he stayed in her house till 8 am. And that he just lied to you about it.

He sounds very much like a lying womaniser type of man. The sort that craves additional sexual conquests as a way to feed his ego and feel good about himself. He's also the sort of man that will blame others when things go wrong but never take responsibility for his own failures.

The main thing that you did wrong was in your recruitment and in staying too long with him.

There may be other areas that you could improve upon. It's impossible to say what they are because we don't know you well enough.

OKay im going to be really honest with you. You finds you stupid and annoying and doesnt enjoy your company everyday. Usually this only happens when you're with people you dont enjoy being around and generally its stupid people. If he really enjoyed your company, he'd love to have you around all the time. If a girl was intelligent, i'd want to spent a good amount of time with her, at the library, club, working on projects etc.. Ofcourse if she has events like meetings, interviews, meetup with friends i cant really be with her
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by MachFive
OKay im going to be really honest with you. You finds you stupid and annoying and doesnt enjoy your company everyday. Usually this only happens when you're with people you dont enjoy being around and generally its stupid people. If he really enjoyed your company, he'd love to have you around all the time. If a girl was intelligent, i'd want to spent a good amount of time with her, at the library, club, working on projects etc.. Ofcourse if she has events like meetings, interviews, meetup with friends i cant really be with her

I find this really blunt and rude. Who says she is not intelligent? He sounds like the dumb one to me
Original post by Oxford Mum
I find this really blunt and rude. Who says she is not intelligent? He sounds like the dumb one to me

Honestly men are not that stupid, when they see an intelligent woman its almost immediate respect unless hes insecure. Which really doesnt seem like it given he speaks to other girls
Honestly men are not that stupid, when they see an intelligent woman its almost immediate respect unless hes insecure. Which really doesnt seem like it given he speaks to other girls

I am highly intelligent but get messed about by less intelligent men. Your rule does not always apply

You’re a living contradiction to what you just said. Men can clearly be stupid, thanks for showing us.
I am highly intelligent but get messed about by less intelligent men. Your rule does not always apply

I really doubt you are highly intelligent
So you're telling me you have eyes like this?
I really doubt you are highly intelligent
So you're telling me you have eyes like this?

Intelligent enough to have written a TSR book called Oxford demystified, been voted member of the year and won several TSR awards.

Oh, and I have helped hundreds of students on here get into Oxford. And I now have the max 12 gems.

What have you done on here lately for others on TSR, apart from sneer at a heartbroken woman?
Intelligent enough to have written a TSR book called Oxford demystified, been voted member of the year and won several TSR awards.

Oh, and I have helped hundreds of students on here get into Oxford. And I now have the max 12 gems.

What have you done on here lately for others on TSR, apart from sneer at a heartbroken woman?

Thats called experience, not intelligence. It does require intelligence but not nearly as much you'd like to think. But by no means am i saying its useless, its very helpful to students and i appreciate your work.
(edited 2 years ago)
Let’s get back to the op, she is the important one round here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending