The Student Room Group

Is behaviour worse in clubs since lockdown?

I am used to the usual groping, hand up my skirt, random guys trying to grind on me and I learnt to accept that as part of a night out. But since lockdown lifted I've noticed that it feels worse, and I went out last night to a normal club night with my girls, which was really crowded and some man I'm the crowd unzipped my dress completely and took it off me on the dancefloor! I feel so humiliated and powerless now. I still feel like crying 24 hours later. Some of my friends thought that it was funny so I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about it. Thanks for reading. This can't be normal behaviour?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jsim00
I am used to the usual groping, hand up my skirt, random guys trying to grind on me and I learnt to accept that as part of a night out. But since lockdown lifted I've noticed that it feels worse, and I went out last night to a normal club night with my girls, which was really crowded and some man I'm the crowd unzipped my dress completely and took it off me on the dancefloor! I feel so humiliated and powerless now. I still feel like crying 24 hours later. Some of my friends thought that it was funny so I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about it. Thanks for reading. This can't be normal behaviour?

This is absolutely not normal behaviour, please report this to the police. This isn't funny at all, I'm so sorry you were treated that way, your friends are incredibly wrong. Seek some support from family or a counsellor, and please report this. This is unacceptable, I'm incredibly sorry. PM me any time you need support :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Jsim00

LOL nice troll, so you're telling me he walked up to you and unzipped your dress, took it off you and your titties and panties were showing?
Reply 3
Original post by Jsim00

That's predatory. report it...
Reply 4
Report it to who? The club?
Reply 5
Original post by MachFive
LOL nice troll, so you're telling me he walked up to you and unzipped your dress, took it off you and your titties and panties were showing?

Creep
Reply 6
Original post by Jsim00
Report it to who? The club?

The police and the club, if you remember what he looked like he might match the profile of other descriptions by others and they might be able to track him down or warn clubs of him in future.
Reply 7
Original post by Jsim00
Creep

You had a dress which a full zip at the back and he unzipped it fully?
To be honest, its pretty funny. I've never heard of something like that happening. The best you can do if probably report it to the club, but i'd doubt they will od anything about it unless you have photographic evidence. Next time when it happens, either you record the guy or ask one of your friends to record him in video. They pretty much have his ID if he booked tickets online or he tries to enter the same club again.
Reply 8
Original post by Gillzy
The police and the club, if you remember what he looked like he might match the profile of other descriptions by others and they might be able to track him down or warn clubs of him in future.

I didn't really see him though, he just disappeared into the crowd so I don't know what I could tell them that would be useful and the club already knows
Reply 9
You had a dress which a full zip at the back and he unzipped it fully?
To be honest, its pretty funny. I've never heard of something like that happening. The best you can do if probably report it to the club, but i'd doubt they will od anything about it unless you have photographic evidence. Next time when it happens, either you record the guy or ask one of your friends to record him in video. They pretty much have his ID if he booked tickets online or he tries to enter the same club again.

Yes. He unzipped it and took it. Its not funny. Put yourself in my position! There won't be a next time, I'll never wear a dress like that again
Original post by Jsim00
Yes. He unzipped it and took it. Its not funny. Put yourself in my position! There won't be a next time, I'll never wear a dress like that again

Im sorry its so unusual, that's why its funny. But how can he take it off you if you have your arms through the sleeves? Are you embarrassed because you were fully naked with no bra or underwear? Or because people saw the event unfold?
Also whats the ethnicity of the guy?
Yes i know, of course it sucks and its embarrassing. Its unfortunate that women have to deal with it.
Reply 11
Im sorry its so unusual, that's why its funny. But how can he take it off you if you have your arms through the sleeves? Are you embarrassed because you were fully naked with no bra or underwear? Or because people saw the event unfold?
Also whats the ethnicity of the guy?
Yes i know, of course it sucks and its embarrassing. Its unfortunate that women have to deal with it.

Why do you want these details? It was strapless. I wasn't naked. Why do you want to know the guys ethnicity? I didn't even really see him so I can't answer that, but I think it's pretty irrelevant
Original post by Jsim00
Why do you want these details? It was strapless. I wasn't naked. Why do you want to know the guys ethnicity? I didn't even really see him so I can't answer that, but I think it's pretty irrelevant

Its just interesting! What did the other people around think or how did they react?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
Its just interesting! What did the other people around think or how did they react?

How do you think?
Original post by Jsim00
How do you think?

I guess if it were me i would be shocked and laugh a little. Why didnt you just punch the first guy you saw? Do you do martial arts? ALso, maybe its because youre attractive
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Yea thanks, that would have been really helpful. Why would I punch the first guy I saw? It was really crowded and if I just punched some random guy I don't think that would have helped. I don't do martial arts, you ask weird questions. Um... thanks, how is that an excuse?
Original post by Jsim00
Yea thanks, that would have been really helpful. Why would I punch the first guy I saw? It was really crowded and if I just punched some random guy I don't think that would have helped. I don't do martial arts, you ask weird questions. Um... thanks, how is that an excuse?

Okay im just kidding, its a funny story though. You cant expect anyone to intervene because the guy could have been your boyfriend and you guys were in an arguments. People dont really know whats happened. But next time just record the event and you can report it. He'll either get banned or charged or both. Best of luck!
Okay im just kidding, its a funny story though. You cant expect anyone to intervene because the guy could have been your boyfriend and you guys were in an arguments. People dont really know whats happened. But next time just record the event and you can report it. He'll either get banned or charged or both. Best of luck!

dude your replies on this thread are the worst I've seen in a while. Have some empathy, what happened is disgusting. You can't say 'you should've done' that or that because in the moment it's completely different. It's really not funny
Reply 18

It wasn't funny. Why couldn't someone intervene if it was my boyfriend? I couldn't record it he literally did it and ran away
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
dude your replies on this thread are the worst I've seen in a while. Have some empathy, what happened is disgusting. You can't say 'you should've done' that or that because in the moment it's completely different. It's really not funny

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest