The Student Room Group

a level trigonometric functions

could someone help me out with 5c please?
i've attached my answers for 5a and 5b just in case they need to be used to work out 5c
20211021_213823.jpg
20211021_213848.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by abovethecl0uds
could someone help me out with 5c please?
i've attached my answers for 5a and 5b just in case they need to be used to work out 5c
20211021_213823.jpg
20211021_213848.jpg

Hey, for an inverse function , The domain is the range of the original function and the range is the domain of the original function
Original post by Faith&hardwork
Hey, for an inverse function , The domain is the range of the original function and the range is the domain of the original function

hey!
thanks for your reply. i know that the domain and range swap around, but i don't know how to express that in terms of f^-1(x)
hey!
thanks for your reply. i know that the domain and range swap around, but i don't know how to express that in terms of f^-1(x)

First start by separating the y from x, u should get a linear. eqn = trigonometry function....then replace y for x.... It then become clear
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Try rearrange the equation to make x the subject, then replace your x with a y and vice versa!
First start by separating the y from x, u should get a linear. eqn = trigonometry function....then replace y for x.... It then become clear

Original post by awc14
Try rearrange the equation to make x the subject, then replace your x with a y and vice versa!

this is what i've done, but i'm not sure what to do after this
20211021_222517.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)
this is what i've done, but i'm not sure what to do after this
20211021_222517.jpg

Take the cosine of both sides...you will be left with y=cos....., hence replace y=f inverse
Take the cosine of both sides...you will be left with y=cos....., hence replace y=f inverse

oh okay thanks so much for the help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest