The Student Room Group

Civil Service Pre-employment checks

Does anyone know how long the civil service pre-employment checks normally take?

I have been given a provisional job offer to join the CS, waiting on my pre-employment checks before getting a formal offer. Just wondering how long they take/when its likely I will start the new job?

Thanks!
Original post by katef1234
Does anyone know how long the civil service pre-employment checks normally take?

I have been given a provisional job offer to join the CS, waiting on my pre-employment checks before getting a formal offer. Just wondering how long they take/when its likely I will start the new job?

Thanks!

it can take anything between a month and 4 months there really isn't a timeframe . what position have you applied for ?
Reply 2
Original post by myalauryn
it can take anything between a month and 4 months there really isn't a timeframe . what position have you applied for ?

Ah okay thank you! Its a research officer role - still don't know which department yet though.
Reply 3
I’m in the same boat . Got an email on 23/07 saying I need to provide more information and someone will be in contact shortly but I’m still waiting for the follow up email
Can anyone tell me how long it was between being offered the job (I’ve had this verbally) and receiving your prescription employment check forms? I’ve been waiting around 3 weeks so far and wondering if this is normal?
Hi, wondering how you are getting on with your pre employment checks? Habe just has my ID verification interview and I guess it's security vwrting next?
Reply 6
I got the offer for AO role in Home Office in July passed all my checks in October and starting mid November if that helps
Original post by lfx4
I got the offer for AO role in Home Office in July passed all my checks in October and starting mid November if that helps

Thanks, that is helpful. 4 months from offer to start is quite lengthy, however I am told the recruitment service is super busy. Enjoy your new role ☺️
Reply 8
I’ve also just had this email, what happened in your situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending