The Student Room Group
University of York
York

york 2022 offer holders

hi, just got an offer of ABB for law at york!! my predicted grades are A*AA and it's a contextual offer :smile: lmk if anyone else has received offers and what course!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck on your A-Levels, with an offer and predicted grades like those I think you'll do fantastic.

I also recently got an offer, for History and Politics :biggrin:. As an international student my "conditional offer" is that I send an official record of my already achieved exam grades, which is honestly really nice.
(edited 2 years ago)
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by _kale!_
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck on your A-Levels, with an offer and predicted grades like those I think you'll do fantastic.

I also recently got an offer, for History and Politics :biggrin:. As an international student my "conditional offer" is that I send an official record of my already achieved exam grades, which is honestly really nice.

thank you very much, congratulations to you too! you're basically in already then haha
what other unis are you applying to? :smile:
Original post by dolcie000
hi, just got an offer of ABB for law at york!! my predicted grades are A*AA and it's a contextual offer :smile: lmk if anyone else has received offers and what course!!

@dolcie000 @_kale!_ That's amazing, congratulations to you two!! A reminder that our undergraduate offer holder Instagram page is now live!

Please dm us your UCAS number, full name and course in order to get access :nyan:

did you apply to the york access scheme?
Reply 5
Original post by Holamisamigos213
did you apply to the york access scheme?

nope, i'm contextual due to my school, college and area :smile:
nope, i'm contextual due to my school, college and area

what are your other options if you dont mind me asking. i got the same predicted grades im just struggling with my final choice that being sheffield or york.
Reply 7
what are your other options if you dont mind me asking. i got the same predicted grades im just struggling with my final choice that being sheffield or york.

my options for law are oxford, durham, bristol, york and exeter! i qualify as contextual for all of them (other than oxford who don't actually offer contextual) :smile: what are your choices and subject?
my options for law are oxford, durham, bristol, york and exeter! i qualify as contextual for all of them (other than oxford who don't actually offer contextual) :smile: what are your choices and subject?

im gonna do law also and i qualify for contextual for every uni but sheffield and of course oxford. my choices are oxford, notts, bristol, leeds, sheffield. i wanna put in york in there somewhere but idk what to replace.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
im gonna do law also and i qualify for contextual for every uni but sheffield and of course oxford. my choices are oxford, notts, bristol, leeds, sheffield. i wanna put in york in there somewhere but idk what to replace.

i think possibly switch it for sheffield then if they don't give you contextual? but at the end of the day it's down to whichever you prefer :smile:
i think possibly switch it for sheffield then if they don't give you contextual? but at the end of the day it's down to whichever you prefer :smile:

thats what i was thinking. anyway thanks for the advice. :smile:
Original post by _kale!_

I've got a contextual offer (AAC or AA Merit) for History and English.
well done on your offer! I was just wondering how long York took to give you an offer?
when does york give out english offers :frown:
Reply 14

hi sorry im dumb can someone tell me what a contextual offer means?
Reply 15
Original post by succubus666
when does york give out english offers :frown:

thats what i was thinking. anyway thanks for the advice. :smile:

Also which is the better choice? York or Sheffield? (for law)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by khu7575
Also which is the better choice? York or Sheffield? (for law)

well not much difference with reputation its just about preference (distance, how you are taught etc). but i think if u look at league tables york is above.
Original post by khu7575
hi sorry im dumb can someone tell me what a contextual offer means?

It's an offer that is lower than the standard one to widen participation on certain courses at certain universities. It's made if certain criteria are fulfilled and normally includes things like school attended, having being in care, having a dependent parent or coming from a family which has never sent someone to uni etc.
hi, just got an offer for natural sciences!!
Original post by Anonymous
hi, just got an offer for natural sciences!!

Congratulations 🎉 when did you apply ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending