The Student Room Group

Sleep Schedule

Ok, so everyone has different sleep times, naturally. But is there an 'ideal' time that you wish you could stick to?

Personally, my ideal time is: 23:00 - 5:00. I attempt to study around 5, and it's has been working for some time, until lately, where I simply can't get up.
Anyone else have this, or just me..?

Scroll to see replies

I agree I have a set time between 11pm-6am but lately I can’t get up until 7am, with only 15mins to leave the house and get no morning revision done.
Yeah, that's literally it. The energy is drained, even though I've had enough sleep. It's actually very annoying, because a few hours later, you're readily awake, but now, you've missed a few hours of potential work to bedone

Original post by Dentaldreams
I agree I have a set time between 11pm-6am but lately I can’t get up until 7am, with only 15mins to leave the house and get no morning revision done.
Original post by ukii
Yeah, that's literally it. The energy is drained, even though I've had enough sleep. It's actually very annoying, because a few hours later, you're readily awake, but now, you've missed a few hours of potential work to bedone

Exactly, and usually by the time you’re completely awake, you tend to be occupied by other things and have lost valuable time.
Original post by Dentaldreams
Exactly, and usually by the time you’re completely awake, you tend to be occupied by other things and have lost valuable time.

Yep - like getting ready to leave, ect...

Its Nice to know I'm not alone.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ukii
Yep - like getting ready to leave, ect...

Its Nice to know I'm not alone.

Precisely.
Definitely nice to know I’m not the only one.

I’m not an A2 student but I am currently doing a biology A-level. I take it you’re doing A-levels too?
Yes indeed, I'm studying CS, in fact.
I need a solid 8 hours or I can't concentrate
Original post by Robsmith23
I need a solid 8 hours or I can't concentrate

What happens if you sleep, say, 7 hours... Do you fall asleep?
Original post by ukii
Ok, so everyone has different sleep times, naturally. But is there an 'ideal' time that you wish you could stick to?

Personally, my ideal time is: 23:00 - 5:00. I attempt to study around 5, and it's has been working for some time, until lately, where I simply can't get up.
Anyone else have this, or just me..?

maybe set the time you are supposed to get up a bit later, like 6am? then if you wake up earlier and get stuff done it is seen as bonus study time, instead of always waking up later than you want and then feeling bad about it
My preferred time is 2am-10am but I have to force myself into that.

But if I let my body clock have its own way, I end up sleeping 5am-1pm which is a bit inconvenient.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
My preferred time is 2am-10am but I have to force myself into that.

But if I let my body clock have its own way, I end up sleeping 5am-1pm which is a bit inconvenient.

Wow 2-10, that's pretty unique - - - but it's still 8 hours, so It does make sense
Original post by Cupcakes12
maybe set the time you are supposed to get up a bit later, like 6am? then if you wake up earlier and get stuff done it is seen as bonus study time, instead of always waking up later than you want and then feeling bad about it

Yeah isee what you mean. Also another idea is having multiple alarms in succession. But that could also get a little annoying
Original post by ukii
Wow 2-10, that's pretty unique - - - but it's still 8 hours, so It does make sense

Natural night owl

And as I'm learning via the Open University so there's no actual lectures, and my kids are home educated, I don't have to get up early for any reason - we just all start later and finish later.
Reply 14
my schedule is like 5am-9am :nothing: calling it a 'schedule' is honestly being way too generous lmao
my sleep schedule is so . honestly i'll fall asleep and i cant wake up omf
Reply 16
I used to have a good sleep schedule but it’s hard to have a good consistent sleep schedule and a good consistent social life at the same time whilst at uni can’t lie. Well, it’s hard to juggle both for me personally
Original post by jh1670
my schedule is like 5am-9am :nothing: calling it a 'schedule' is honestly being way too generous lmao

Oh dear - do you still manage to get everything done in the day..?
Original post by Iownuk
I used to have a good sleep schedule but it’s hard to have a good consistent sleep schedule and a good consistent social life at the same time whilst at uni can’t lie. Well, it’s hard to juggle both for me personally

Social life doesn't have to be at night, you know... But then again a lot of people are online when we're supposed to be asleep!
Original post by lunariumxo
my sleep schedule is so . honestly i'll fall asleep and i cant wake up omf

This is why I made the thread 😅

Quick Reply

Latest