The Student Room Group

Brighton and Sussex Medical School A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m_bibi
I got an email asking for evidence on contextual data. Anyone else?
Make sure to check, the deadline is 7th November.

I did too -
Original post by m_bibi

Got it too, came today morning
Reply 22
Original post by m_bibi

Everyone will get that email, you only need to send anything back if you want to be considered contextually.
Would I stand a chance at being shortlisted for interview with A*AB predictions?
Reply 24
Original post by everythingbagel
Would I stand a chance at being shortlisted for interview with A*AB predictions?

Are you a contextual applicant or just regular?
Original post by Butene
Are you a contextual applicant or just regular?

regular
Reply 26
regular

Sadly no since it goes through a system/computer that filters out anyone who doesn’t meet the minimum requirements and rejects them, an AAA does not equal A*AB. It’s only a different matter if you were contextual.
Original post by Butene
Sadly no since it goes through a system/computer that filters out anyone who doesn’t meet the minimum requirements and rejects them, an AAA does not equal A*AB. It’s only a different matter if you were contextual.

ah that's what I thought- my teacher said something about changing the grade by emailing unis but I honestly doubt that they would accept a grade change. They did email me about my fee status so I thought that seemed a bit hopeful but yeah I'm not too sure. Thank you for the reply anyway!
ah that's what I thought- my teacher said something about changing the grade by emailing unis but I honestly doubt that they would accept a grade change. They did email me about my fee status so I thought that seemed a bit hopeful but yeah I'm not too sure. Thank you for the reply anyway!

Definitely email or better yet call them. But have your school/referee email/call as well saying the grade on ucas is incorrect and you are in fact predicted an A. They haven’t really started sifting through applicants yet as we’ve not even sat the BMAT, so there’s definitely still a chance. I’ve seen plenty of people getting around deadlines with a phone call/email. If you do it early enough they’re more likely to let you.

what are your other choices? It’s worth emailing them tho as most medical schools don’t accept A*AB
Original post by themartinipolice
Definitely email or better yet call them. But have your school/referee email/call as well saying the grade on ucas is incorrect and you are in fact predicted an A. They haven’t really started sifting through applicants yet as we’ve not even sat the BMAT, so there’s definitely still a chance. I’ve seen plenty of people getting around deadlines with a phone call/email. If you do it early enough they’re more likely to let you.

what are your other choices? It’s worth emailing them tho as most medical schools don’t accept A*AB

The grade is correct as I am currently predicted a B- it is subject to change after more maths tests though- that's why there's a chance my school could change it with the university. I did email them so hopefully I'll have more info after they respond!
I'll definitely ask my referee to email the universities as well.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 30
Seriously though why is this thread so quiet haha. Just looking at the others, Anglia Ruskin has about 300 posts, Aston has over 1000. BSMS is yet to break 30
Original post by pepsiu
Seriously though why is this thread so quiet haha. Just looking at the others, Anglia Ruskin has about 300 posts, Aston has over 1000. BSMS is yet to break 30

Maybe this year 2022 entry will be a lesser competition! :biggrin:
aww shucks 😅
cheers mate!
what about the BMAT thread mate? its less popping than last year right?
Thank you for the sats im going to hope its less competitive this year loool last year BSMS had an all-time high BMAT cut off of 17.8 right?
Reply 35
Do we only need to reply to the email about contextual data if we meet the criteria?
So even if we aren't eligible do we have to email to say that?
Reply 36
Original post by epic08
Do we only need to reply to the email about contextual data if we meet the criteria?
So even if we aren't eligible do we have to email to say that?

You only need to reply if you are eligible.
Reply 37
how do you know cause it doesn't say on the email ?

Original post by Butene
You only need to reply if you are eligible.
Original post by epic08
how do you know cause it doesn't say on the email ?

I phoned them. They confirmed that you only need to respond to the email if you are contextual; otherwise that email can be safely disregarded. However, it is always best to confirm for yourself to be confident, and never to rely on second-hand information in discussion groups such as these, however valuable they may be.
Reply 39
Original post by ClarissaBella
I phoned them. They confirmed that you only need to respond to the email if you are contextual; otherwise that email can be safely disregarded. However, it is always best to confirm for yourself to be confident, and never to rely on second-hand information in discussion groups such as these, however valuable they may be.

Ok thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending