The Student Room Group

Is it cheating to encourage flirting?

Just as the title says really. If you’re in a relationship, and don’t say anything NSFW but encourage flirting, is this infidelity?

Scroll to see replies

Unless there is an intention to do something, then no I personally wouldn’t consider it cheating. Everyone is different with views of cheating.
Original post by Theoneandoyytdj
Just as the title says really. If you’re in a relationship, and don’t say anything NSFW but encourage flirting, is this infidelity?

:yep:
Everyone has their own definition of what constitutes cheating, some would be fine with that behaviour but others wouldn't be. Whichever group you fall into is perfectly valid. I'd say even if it wasn't technically cheating, it's still *****y behaviour and disrespectful.
Original post by Theoneandoyytdj

I would say so. Why are you encouraging people to flirt with you if you're in a committed relationship? Why do you want other people to look at you the way your partner does? If you want to flirt and date, leave the relationship.
Reply 5
I think it’s cheating if it’s something they wouldn’t do in front of their partner.

People have different definitions though so don’t let me stop you from enjoying your life.
Cheating is just one form of disloyalty
Original post by Anonymous
I would say so. Why are you encouraging people to flirt with you if you're in a committed relationship? Why do you want other people to look at you the way your partner does? If you want to flirt and date, leave the relationship.

It’s not something I do, It happened once with someone who was flirting with me and I guess I did it to feel better about myself- I never wanted to leave my partner!
Reply 8
I wouldn't be happy with it.
Would you class it as cheating though?
Reply 10
It depends on the level of 'flirting' and how it is defined.
It is either flirting so I would be unhappy with it or cheating and I would be even more unhappy.
Reply 11
You shouldn’t be flirting or encouraging flirting with anyone other than your lover. Doing so makes you morally corrupt
I certainly wouldn't do it, I'd feel dirty and not in the fun way.
Original post by Iownuk
You shouldn’t be flirting or encouraging flirting with anyone other than your lover. Doing so makes you morally corrupt

Would you class this as cheating though? And for background It was a very long time ago and only happened once btw.
Reply 14
The question is whether you would class it as cheating or the person you were with.
Original post by Cote1
It depends on the level of 'flirting' and how it is defined.
It is either flirting so I would be unhappy with it or cheating and I would be even more unhappy.

The only example is that, I knew he liked feet and would ask for pictures of my socks and I actually sent them
I don’t think it’s cheating per se but if you’re secure in your relationship and not looking for anything else then why would you even want to encourage flirting and potentially lead someone on?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Wired_1800
:yep:

Ooooh thanks for responding! What’s your reasoning?
Original post by xxx0xxxo
Cheating is just one form of disloyalty

Would this be cheating to you?
Original post by Cote1
The question is whether you would class it as cheating or the person you were with.

If it’s any help, my partner is too lovely to see the situation clearly, that’s why it would be great to hear your opinion!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending