The Student Room Group

Lloyds Banking Group 2022 Graduate Schemes

Feel free to discuss anything related to LBG grad schemes.
Just completed my codility test, deceptively easy going in but in the end it just did me over. My code works in theory but codility just wasnt having any of it. I think I passed but might need to wait till tomorrow morning.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rysemo
Feel free to discuss anything related to LBG grad schemes.
Just completed my codility test, deceptively easy going in but in the end it just did me over. My code works in theory but codility just wasnt having any of it. I think I passed but might need to wait till tomorrow morning.

codility is insane test cases might work for other where you get marked for corner case time and space complexity in compilation of code good luck with codility i am so nervous of taking the test
Reply 2
Original post by achieve526kk
codility is insane test cases might work for other where you get marked for corner case time and space complexity in compilation of code good luck with codility i am so nervous of taking the test

thanks, im sure theres a correct solution that fits codility's solution framework i might take my solution to SO and see how it can be improved. ive done some before this and they were much worse, this was surprisingly better its just a shame that the HR assessors wont be able to see your answers even if it was wrong but im hoping my score is high enough. id say just go for the test, do some practice before hand but it really isnt anything to be worried by. you get 95 minutes for 8 questions.
What graduate programme did you apply for i applied for Data Science that would involeve Mathematical test and coding which includes Python and SQL
Reply 4
Original post by achieve526kk
What graduate programme did you apply for i applied for Data Science that would involeve Mathematical test and coding which includes Python and SQL

i applied for software engineering, its funny because they say you can use any of the programming languages listed however apart from the first and last 2 questions the whole test is in python. luckily we didnt have to do sql. ive done a seperate codility with sql and best thing i can recommend is be comfortable with joins and using stats functions.
Reply 5
I did the codility test this evening for the Software Engineering scheme. I agree - found the first 6 questions very easy but then struggled for time on the last two. Ended up with partially working solutions, which I annoyingly solved within 10 mins after the test finished. Have you heard back yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Lee250
I did the codility test this evening for the Software Engineering scheme. I agree - found the first 6 questions very easy but then struggled for time on the last two. Ended up with partially working solutions, which I annoyingly solved within 10 mins after the test finished. Have you heard back yet?

i imagine the last two require using question 2-6 to solve but i did it my own which worked but i dont know why codility wasnt able to get the outputs i got. even in the testing part i was getting the right answer. but i dont think the assessors will see the solution, only the score. i think i got something like 75% overall, which going by the my internship scores at LBG is a pass on the tests i think they look for 70% or higher but that might vary given what the overall mean is. i think we should hear back about the job simulation test mid to late october as thats what happened with last years candidates. one of my friends got rejected, she didnt get an email but her candidate page didnt show any status and when she clicked 'manage' it only allowed her to view the application but not withdraw.
Reply 7
Original post by rysemo
i imagine the last two require using question 2-6 to solve but i did it my own which worked but i dont know why codility wasnt able to get the outputs i got. even in the testing part i was getting the right answer. but i dont think the assessors will see the solution, only the score. i think i got something like 75% overall, which going by the my internship scores at LBG is a pass on the tests i think they look for 70% or higher but that might vary given what the overall mean is. i think we should hear back about the job simulation test mid to late october as thats what happened with last years candidates. one of my friends got rejected, she didnt get an email but her candidate page didnt show any status and when she clicked 'manage' it only allowed her to view the application but not withdraw.

I hope you're right with the suggestion that the pass rate is 70% or higher - I got 76% with the majority of my score coming from questions 1-6. Thanks for the info. Shame that your solution didn't work in Codility. Hopefully you've done enough with 75% anyway!

I'll let you know if/when I hear anything back following the coding test. Cheers
Has anyone heard back after completing the Data Science Codility tests?
Hey, I am willing to give Data Science codility tests. Can i please have your Whatsapp number so that i can just have some more insights on the Codility tests. Thanks,Rushin Shah.
Hey Rushin, can I know what was asked in the DS codility tests?
Reply 11
anyone heard anything back about job simulations? i know the processes is a bit longer for software and data but i think commercial should have had theirs by now
Original post by rysemo
anyone heard anything back about job simulations? i know the processes is a bit longer for software and data but i think commercial should have had theirs by now

Still waiting to hear back for commercial ngl
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Lee250
I hope you're right with the suggestion that the pass rate is 70% or higher - I got 76% with the majority of my score coming from questions 1-6. Thanks for the info. Shame that your solution didn't work in Codility. Hopefully you've done enough with 75% anyway!

I'll let you know if/when I hear anything back following the coding test. Cheers

Hey guys! I've just completed the Codility test and managed to get 94% which I'm super happy with. Congrats on you guys doing so well too. Did you get an email from Lloyds after at all confirming they were processing your application still, or is the score the only confirmation we get? TIA
Reply 14
hellooo, nice to see you all!
congrats on the score, i some how managed to get 100% on the codility test! the process is slow from experience (landed an internship at lbg before!), they wont follow up for maybe another 1-3 weeks. ac is late november through december.
i didnt get a success email but my application says in process. i know from experience that scores will just be used as a pass/fail and you might be required to retake it during the ac. what roles are you all applying for? i am in for data science!
Original post by shobez
hellooo, nice to see you all!
congrats on the score, i some how managed to get 100% on the codility test! the process is slow from experience (landed an internship at lbg before!), they wont follow up for maybe another 1-3 weeks. ac is late november through december.
i didnt get a success email but my application says in process. i know from experience that scores will just be used as a pass/fail and you might be required to retake it during the ac. what roles are you all applying for? i am in for data science!

Hi - thanks for that insight!

Where did you see your percentage for the data science codility tests? After submitting I cannot see the feedback about my score...
Reply 16
Original post by TooMuchShwag
Hi - thanks for that insight!

Where did you see your percentage for the data science codility tests? After submitting I cannot see the feedback about my score...

hey, it came right after i finished. if you closed the test then you might not have seen it but if you wait a bit it should also show your overall and the mark for each test
I did the assessment for the sustainable financial well-being grad scheme - looking at the old thread it doesn’t seem as tho they had this one last year ? Unless I just can’t find anyone discussing it
Does anyone know what the Job Insight Assessment entails ? Just want a general idea, is it like vide interviews?
Hey guys, I’ve completed the online assessment for risk and received the detailed report back, but my report states that my analysis and working with numbers was not very strong, despite my values strongly aligning with Lloyds. I’m somewhat disappointed as I assume I won’t progress given I have applied for the risk position. Anyone else experienced this? I genuinely thought my analysis was spot on!

Quick Reply

Latest