The Student Room Group

Girls like toxic guys

I read this somewhere, and also based on what I see around me, it seems to be true.

But is it really so? The logic doesn't make sense, but it's still happening!

Scroll to see replies

I'm a girl and I would like to disagree
Some very young girls or dysfunctional women are attracted by guys that are obnoxious, criminal, lazy or self-destructive.
But most reasonable females have enough common sense and life experience to avoid getting too closely involved with obviously unpleasant or unreliable guys.
Original post by londonmyst
Some very young girls or dysfunctional women are attracted by guys that are obnoxious, criminal, lazy or self-destructive.
But most reasonable females have enough common sense and life experience to avoid getting too closely involved with obviously unpleasant or unreliable guys.

PRSOM
No. A lot of people make uncharitable assumptions about blokes that they barely even know such as that they're toxic or whatever without actually knowing them at all.
Yeah I've read some girls saying they like toxic men but it goes to show theyve never actually properly suffered in the hands of someone toxic cause no one would actually wish for a toxic person
Original post by Moonlight Rain
Yeah I've read some girls saying they like toxic men but it goes to show theyve never actually properly suffered in the hands of someone toxic cause no one would actually wish for a toxic person

Most of those girls read garbage on Wattpad and think they can change toxic/dark guys with daddy issues lol
Original post by Anonymous
I read this somewhere, and also based on what I see around me, it seems to be true.

But is it really so? The logic doesn't make sense, but it's still happening!

It's a fantasy - girls who know nothing of how the world really works. No woman actually wants to be treated like crap by some toxic man, in the same way as no person wants to be treated like crap, unless they've got some unresolved issues or something.
Original post by summerbirdreads
Most of those girls read garbage on Wattpad and think they can change toxic/dark guys with daddy issues lol

It's pretty pathetic of them to glamorize toxic/abusive relationships, they have no idea of reality
(edited 2 years ago)
It's pretty pathetic of them to glamorize toxic/abusive relationships, they have no idea of reality

Exactly! Especially considering many target audience for these Wattpad "books" are really young teenagers. I remember my friends reading those and being obsessed with that type of guys when we were 13/14 but I was immune to toxic *******s because I'm gay
Original post by summerbirdreads
Exactly! Especially considering many target audience for these Wattpad "books" are really young teenagers. I remember my friends reading those and being obsessed with that type of guys when we were 13/14 but I was immune to toxic *******s because I'm gay

Social media is full of crap that is detrimental to children like cough cough influencers photoshopped pictures of themselves and letting young girls feel crap about having a body that isn't even real.
Social media is full of crap that is detrimental to children like cough cough influencers photoshopped pictures of themselves and letting young girls feel crap about having a body that isn't even real.

Exactly! many teen influencers themselves had really bad influences
Anon user claiming played out vague 'I read this' trope then expecting others to follow through with effort. :rolleyes:
I agree. You see it on TikTok (I don't have that, but I hear about it) and it goes to show that a lot of people don't actually know what they're talking about.
Original post by StriderHort
Anon user claiming played out vague 'I read this' trope then expecting others to follow through with effort. :rolleyes:

Sorry, please clarify. I don't understand :albertein:
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry, please clarify. I don't understand :albertein:

Your thread reads an awful lot like timewasting.
Original post by StriderHort
Your thread reads an awful lot like timewasting.

Then don't participate!

It's quite simple, really
It was more of an open discussion on a topic that has been lingering in my head for a while, so I thought to make a thread to discuss it. If you feel it is wasting your time, its very simple to leave. You can:

1. Press ctrl + w keys to close the tab
2. Click away from the thread
3. Press the power button on your device
4. Delete System32
5. Just... ignore the thread :hat2:

100% agree
Because girls are forced and harassed by man in relationship. Girl doesn't have experience and because her is girl that's all

Quick Reply